Doesn’t your day get brighter when you enjoy the perfect breakfast with smooth, fluffy, and seriously delicious pancakes? They’re family-friendly meals that you will love with smoothies, fresh fruits, and drinks and juices!
With this pancake recipe, you will achieve this breakfast dish with the best quality every time you make them. Cooking pancakes like a pro has never been easier!
How to Make Pancakes
Today, you will discover how this pancake recipe is a game-changer in your breakfast meals or snacktime.
You won’t need to buy pancake mix because you can make your pancake mix from scratch in the comfort of your home!
The plain flour will provide the basic foundation of the pancake. It’s also a leavening agent to make it airy and fluffy. Using quality flour is important to attain an evenly textured pancake.
You can use leftover flour to make side dishes such as Chin Chin, Sausage Rolls, and Almond Chocolate Chip Cupcakes!
To give your pancakes a stronger foundation, add an egg. It holds the pancakes together, and it even contributes to the richness of the consistency and flavor. Eggs are also a great source of choline, selenium, and protein.
Pair the pancakes with other egg recipes like Boiled Eggs, Fried Eggs, and Hotdog and Eggs.
The secret to extra fluffy and soft pancakes is baking powder. It’s an effective rising agent that can make any pastry puffy and light on the inside.
Give this dish an improved flavor by incorporating vanilla extract. A little bit of this ingredient can go a long way.
A smooth batter translates into a glossy and flawless pancake. To elevate the consistency of your batter, don’t skip the olive oil.
To season the pancake, you only need sugar, sea salt, and milk powder. Sugar and milk powder can aid in the browning effect of the pancake once it is cooked.
Add water to increase the volume of the batter. It also helps with consistency to make it easier to cook.
These are simple condiments you can find in your kitchen, but the real key to the perfect pancakes lies in how you measure your ingredients. Now, let’s go to the fun part – making the pancakes!
- In a bowl, combine eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract, sugar, sea salt, and water with a fork or whisk.
- Use a fine-mesh sieve to filter the flour, milk powder, and baking powder.
- Whisk until you achieve the perfect pancake batter consistency.
- Grease the pan with oil.
- Use a scooper to pour out the batter.
- Fry one side for 2 minutes. Once bubbles start to form, flip it with a turner and fry it for another minute.
Easy peasy pancake recipe, right? The most exciting part is flipping the pancake onto the other side. It’s absolutely satisfying! Let me know how your pancake turned out!
How to Store Pancake Ingredients
- Most ingredients can be stored in their original packaging. Just remember to seal it tightly to prevent moisture from seeping inside.
- Place them in your kitchen’s warm, dark, and dry areas for longer shelf life.
- You may also repackage them into airtight containers to store at room temperature or in the fridge.
How to Preserve Pancake Batter
- You can also freeze the batter in ice cube trays and transfer them into freezer bags for up to 3 months.
- Ensure that you remove as much air as possible before freezing.
- To thaw frozen pancake batter, let it defrost at room temperature or let it float over a bowl of warm water.
If you don’t feel comfortable using some of the ingredients, you can replace them with condiments that are best suited to your dietary needs. For instance, you can use gluten-free flour instead of plain flour or yeast instead of baking powder.
However, note that changes in the ingredients will also affect the outcome of the pancakes. Depending on the adjustments, they might appear flattered or dark in color.
You can make flavored pancakes using chocolates, cinnamon, fruits, and more! You can try other delicious pancake recipes, Millo Pancakes and Banana Pancakes.
- Pan: Cook the pancakes in the pan.
- Whisk: Mix the ingredients using a whisk.
- Measuring cups and spoons: Measure the ingredients for perfect pancakes.
- Turner: Flip the pancakes using a turner to retain the texture of the pancake.
- Fine-mesh sieve: Sift the dry ingredients into the wet mixture for a smoother batter.
- Glass bowl: Combine and prepare the ingredients in a bowl.
- Scooper: Cook the batter in batches with a scooper.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
How to Serve Pancakes
There are plenty of ways to serve these! For the classic way, stack them up, let the butter melt on top, and drizzle it with any syrup of your choice!
Alternatively, you can make a pancake sandwich by smearing chocolate or Strawberry Jam in between pancakes. These also go well with the following:
To relish the goodness of the pancakes, drink any of the drinks below:
- At room temperature: Cooked pancakes can last up to a day at room temperature as long as you store them in an airtight container.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are pancakes healthy?
Yes, pancakes are healthy, especially if you pair them with healthy drinks and fruits! If you’re keeping track of your calories, note that each of these pancakes contains up to 51 calories.
These also present you with beneficial nutrients such as fiber, iron, calcium, and protein. Eating this as comfort food can be good for your mental health and relaxation.
Limit your pancake intake to up to 2 pancakes per day.
How do you make simple pancakes?
You can make simple pancakes by mixing the ingredients and frying in a pan until fluffy and soft. Aside from making pancake batter from scratch, you can use ready-to-cook pancake mix.
What is the secret to pancakes?
Achieve fluffy and soft pancakes by combining the ingredients well without too much mixing.
The Best Pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp sugar
- A pinch sea salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch olive oil
- Strawberry jam (optional)
- Nutella (optional)
For the batter
- Make the batter. In a bowl, combine eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract, sugar, sea salt, and water. Mix them together until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients.Sieve in the flour, milk powder, and baking powder. Whisk until you achieve the perfect pancake batter consistency. If it is too thick, you can add a bit of water and if it is too fluid, add a bit of flour.
For the pancakes
- Fry the pancakes. Grease the pan with oil and wipe it clean. Allow the heat up.Use a scooper to pour out the batter. Fry one side for 2 minutes. Once bubbles start to form, flip it and fry for another minute.
- Focus on the consistency of your batter and make sure that it drips instead of runs.
- Serve it with fruits, fruit salad, healthy drinks, or fried foods (fried egg) for a satisfying meal.
- If the pancake batter is too thick, then you can add a bit of water. If it is too fluid, then add a bit of flour.
- If your batter is too fluid, the pancakes will likely become flat. To solve this problem, pay attention to the consistency of the batter and add a bit of flour to make it thicker.
- Moreover, make sure that the baking powder is still available for use; otherwise, it will not leaven properly.
- Do not forget to add salt, milk powder, and sugar for a balanced flavor.
- You can also add a bit of melted butter for a creamy and velvety savor. If you want fruity pancakes, mashed bananas are best for bringing flavor to the pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes in batches to avoid overcrowding and clumping.