You will love every spoonful of this easy Overnight Oats Recipe!
You will surely enjoy oats like never before. Prepare it in the evening, so you’ll have a filling breakfast in the morning. It’ll certainly give you energy for the day.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
There are many oats recipes you can make, but this Overnight Oats recipe is the one to beat. It might even become part of your regular diet!
How to Make Overnight Oats
With a quick and easy Overnight Oats recipe, you won’t have to skip breakfast again. You will feel full and nourished with the flavors and nutrients of the oats!
What goes into a good Overnight Oats recipe?
Muesli jumbo oats
When it comes to grains for weight loss, you need to try muesli jumbo oats. It’s already a mix of rolled oats, dried fruits, and nuts, for more flavor and color.
There are different kinds of muesli, but I suggest using rolled oats. They absorb liquid well while making the dish creamy, thick, and yummy.
You will also appreciate how healthy it is. According to Healthline, muesli is high in fiber and protein yet low in calories and sugar. It will make you feel full and satisfied for the day.
One of my secrets to good-tasting Overnight Oats is fresh milk. It truly brings the dish together. The milk adds a mildly sweet flavor and a creamy texture, too.
It also makes it easier to mix everything together once you are ready to eat it. You will also need the milk to soften the oats and flavor the fruits.
For fruit options, pomegranate seeds are some of my favorites. They taste fruity, tarty, and sweet, which satisfies me and my sweet tooth.
Once you know how to open pomegranates, you can use the seeds however you like. Not only are they yummy, but they’re also healthy.
They can improve your health in many ways. BBC Good Food suggests that pomegranate seeds can protect your heart, strengthen your bones, and even improve memory.
In this recipe, add chia and flax seeds for a nutty and mild flavor. They also give a bit more texture to the dish. Aside from the quality they bring, the health benefits of seeds will make the dish better for you.
To balance the sweet pomegranate seeds, just add nutty and earthy peanut butter. It will also give an appealing color to the dish.
Honey or maple syrup
Do you want to make the Overnight Oats sweeter? I suggest using natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or date paste for a richer flavor without extra sugar.
These ingredients are guaranteed to give you the energy, immunity, and nutrition you need. In addition, you will have the best time eating it!
Set your timer to five minutes because it’s all the time you need to make Overnight Oats
- Mix fresh milk, honey or maple syrup, peanut butter, rolled oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, and pomegranate seeds in a glass jar.
- Then, stir the contents with a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
Voila! You have a jar of overnight oats with sweet, nutty, and milky quality that’s easy to eat. It will certainly be one of the best fitness meals you will ever try!
Making peanut butter
Deseeding a pomegranate
If it’s your first time deseeding a pomegranate, then here’s how you can do it:
- Rinse the pomegranate.
- Make three to five incisions on the top using a knife.
- Then, slice along the ridges.
- Separate the segments.
- Push the seeds onto a plate using your fingers.
Store the seeds in containers to refrigerate for a week or freeze for up to a year.
Overnight Oats Variations
Gluten-free overnight oats are best made with rolled oats because of how well the grains absorb the milk. They are also healthier and creamier than instant oats.
Plant Prosperous suggests using natural sweeteners such as fruits, cinnamon, nutmeg, stevia, and vanilla extract to keep the oats healthy.
When it comes to fruit toppings, the possibilities are endless. Eat This, Not That suggests adding bananas, pears, grapes, peaches, raspberries, melons, coconuts, and mangoes. In fact, you can even use a fusion on any fruits you like.
For better flavor and texture, you can add yogurt, protein powder, vegetables, granola, dark chocolate, raisins, and other ingredients.
You can also add spices or flavoring agents like cinnamon or vanilla to make vanilla overnight oats.
Make your own DIY Overnight Oats with your favorite food!
- Glass jar: Store the overnight oats in a glass jar.
- Wooden spoon: Stir the ingredients using a wooden spoon.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Serve Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are usually served chilled in the morning for a breakfast meal. It also serves as an on-the-go dish on a busy day. If you prefer it warm, then reheat it in the microwave for a minute.
It is safe to eat uncooked oats because the rolled oats will eventually be softened by the milk. This is one is the best recipes to make if you are on a weight loss or fitness journey.
You can also top it with more fruits and seeds for texture. Here are some of the dishes that I love to eat with my overnight oats on the side:
- French Toast
- Granola Bars
- Banana Bread
- Breakfast Wrap
- Egg and Cheese Sandwich
- Sausage Rolls
- Fried Eggs
- Fruit Salad
- Fruit Popsicles
- and more!
Serve these easy overnight oats with almost anything and everything!
- At room temperature: Soak the overnight oats at room temperature for four to five hours before refrigerating.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are overnight oats healthy?
Yes, overnight oats are healthy. It’s good for your digestion, bones, energy, immunity, and overall health. Moreover, it also keeps you full for your diet!
Is it OK to eat overnight oats every day?
You can definitely eat overnight oats every day, especially if you have a busy day ahead. It will keep you full while giving you energy for the day.
Are overnight oats high in calories?
It depends on the ingredients you use. Aside from pomegranate seeds, you can try low-calorie fruits like apples, strawberries, bananas, papayas, and more.
Can I eat overnight oats in 2 hours?
Of course! Keep in the fridge for at least two hours to let everything set. Give it enough time to soak and infuse all of the flavors together.
Easy Overnights Oats (VIDEO)
- Combine the wet ingredientsAdd fresh milk, honey (or maple syrup), and peanut butter to a glass jar. Mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredientsNext up, add the muesli (or rolled oats), chia seeds, flaxseed, and pomegranate seeds. Stir the contents until well incorporated. You can add any topping of your choice the night before or
- Leave to absorbCover the jar and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, preferably.
- Serve the overnight oatsRemove the container from the fridge the next day (or after 2 hours), and uncover the glass jar. Add more milk or water if preferred,Enjoyevery spoonful of it!
- Use rolled old-fashion oats or steel-cut oats as an alternative to muesli.
- Use almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk as substitutes for fresh milk
- Maple syrup, sweet fruit like dates, bananas, or any other healthy sweetener
- You can use roasted peanuts instead of peanut butter
- Soak the oats for at least 2 hours for better taste. The longer, the tastier! Use glass jars with lids.
- If you would like to save money on jars, ensure to watch this money-saving idea