Make watermelons more fun for everyone with these yummy and healthy Watermelon Cubes!
Instead of eating big slices of watermelons, make them easier to eat by cutting them into cubes. I love preparing these for the summer because everyone in the family loves them.
You will love these watermelons for your daily fruity needs. They’ll be easier to store or even pack for bonding outdoors. Make these to get your loved ones into a healthy diet!
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
With just a few simple tools and a few tricks, you can make these cubes. You will surely impress your friends and family with this quick hack.
So, join us on this journey and learn how to make watermelon cubes today easily.
How to Make Watermelon Cubes
Cutting watermelons into cubes is easier than it seems. Your watermelons will never go to waste with this hack. You can use watermelon cubes for so many healthy recipes, too!
When serving the watermelon cubes in a cup, be guided by these nutritional facts:
With these nutrients, you can be assured that you will be loaded with energy throughout the day. In fact, watermelons can improve your skin and hair. It can even boost your immunity!
Top 10 Health Benefits of Watermelon
What health benefits can you get from watermelons?
Watermelon is a juicy fruit with tough and thick skin and red, moist, and soft flesh inside. It is mildly sweet and fresh to give it a refreshing quality. This has light green and sometimes dark green stripes.
The flesh should be crispy and not slimy or mushy regarding texture. Moreover, this should have a slightly grassy and neutral smell. It also has seeds that you can easily remove or juice.
Did you know that watermelon is 91% water? It is also extremely low in calories and fat! Below are the top ten health benefits you can gain from this wonder fruit.
Eating this fruit can help your body fight against health problems and diseases. Moreover, it can keep you strong and active!
Since it has plenty of water, you satisfy your cravings and your thirst at the same time. While it is not an alternative to water, it is still an excellent source of hydration.
The watermelon’s fiber and water content are good for your stomach. In addition, it even improves metabolism to help with weight loss.
Relaxes the muscles.
If you love working out, then I suggest eating watermelon cubes as workout treats. It relaxes muscles for better physical activity.
According to Healthline, this fruit helps prevent different types of cancer. It also prevents the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Regulates blood pressure.
American Journal of Hypertension’s study showed that these fruits can help with blood pressure. In addition, this fruit is suggested for people who want to maintain it.
Enhances brain activity.
It is good for your brain and nerves. Furthermore, it can work wonders for memory, focus, and learning! You might also consider these as snacks for the day.
Helps with weight loss.
This fruit’s water content and delicious quality can also lessen your craving for sweet treats. Additionally, it can keep you full for a long time!
Protects the skin.
Regularly eating this fruit can shield your skin from sun damage. Snacking on this fruit also gives you more fun under the sun on your next beach trip!
Watermelons are certainly good for regulating the flow and release of urine from the body. They also help with better kidney function!
What are you waiting for? Buy your watermelons and experience their life-changing benefits for a better, longer, and happier life!
Learn this nifty technique to make convenient and easy watermelon cubes.
- Use a knife to slice the watermelon in half.
- Then, slice it again into round pieces.
- Place the round slices on a cutting board and carve out the skin.
- Cut it into strips and then into cubes.
- Place a plate on top and turn it over.
- Finally, remove the skin, and you’ve got yourself some cubes!
- The watermelons should be oval or round without soft spots or bumps.
- In addition, those that feel heavy for their size are likely to be juicier and sweeter.
- Then, buy ones with an orange spot for full flavors.
- The stripes should be dark and deep green. Dull-looking ones are also likely to be ripe.
- Real Simple suggests buying ones with dry and brown stems.
- Also, they are usually in season between May to September.
- Unripe watermelons can be left at room temperature to ripen.
- Once ripe, transfer it into the fridge to extend its shelf life.
- On the other hand, sliced pineapples should be stored in containers or bags to freeze or refrigerate.
Watermelon Cubes Variations
There are lots of watermelon variations you can choose from. The kinds you should buy depend largely on how you want to use them.
For seedless ones, go for Crimson, King of Hearts, Nova, and Millionaire because they tend to have fewer seeds. This is especially suggested if you plan on feeding it to children.
Meanwhile, if you plan on feeding a crowd, then I suggest large ones like Jubilee, Black Diamond, and Allsweet. On the other hand, use Sugar Babies to serve fewer people.
Regardless of how you intend to use them, buy fresh ones for the complete experience!
- Knife: Slice the watermelon using a knife.
- Cutting board: Carve out the skin and cut it into cubes on a chopping board.
- Plate: Turn the fruit on a plate to serve.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Use and Serve Watermelon Cubes
According to Indian Express, watermelons are best eaten between 10:00 AM to noon. It is not suggested for evening snacking because it may cause stomachaches and poor sleep.
In an article by WebMD, babies aged six months can eat watermelons. However, check if the slices are free from seeds. It can even be turned into a baby food puree!
- At room temperature: Eat room temperature watermelon cubes within two hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make perfect watermelon cubes?
You can easily make cubed watermelons just by slicing them. Cut it in half, then slice it into round pieces. Carve out the skin before slicing it into cubes or squares!
How do you keep watermelon cubes fresh?
You can keep a cubed watermelon fresh by freezing it. In fact, you can eat it straight from the freezer for a cold snack!
How many cubes of watermelon are in a cup?
It depends on the size of your cubes. There can be about seven watermelon cubes in one cup.
What is the shape of a watermelon?
When raw and fresh, the watermelon has an oval and spherical shape. You can chop it into different shapes and sizes, like these watermelon cubes.
Watermelon Cubes (With Video)
- 1 watermelon (large-sized)
- Slice the watermelon in half. Then, slice it again for a circular watermelon slice. Place the watermelon circle on a chopping board and carve out the skin.
- Cut it into strips and then into cubes. Place a plate on top and turn it over. Remove the skin, and you've got yourself some watermelon cubes!
- Select your watermelons depending on how you intend to use them.
- Store sliced watermelons in plastic bags or airtight containers.