Get into a much-needed healthy lifestyle starting with this easy, fresh, and inviting Fruit Salad recipe!
In this no-cook salad recipe, you can use your favorite fruits to make the best fusion of flavors. With all-natural ingredients, you can trust that this dish will be good for your health.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
How to Make Fruit Salad
Would you believe me if I told you that you could make Fruit Salad in two easy steps? You can quickly transform your fruits into a mix of colorful, fresh, and healthy goodness!
The secret to making good quality fruit salad is to use the best ingredients. Today, I will share the perfect fruits to combine for the salad!
Remember to buy these fruits on your next grocery trip to make a stellar Fruit Salad recipe!
What makes apples some of the top fruits for salads? They have a sweet and tarty flavor that goes well with almost any fruit. Apples are also juicy and crisp for a wonderful texture when you bite them.
Make the fruit salad colorful and fragrant with fresh strawberries! These are sweet and sour fruits that are also soft, pulpy, and juicy. Strawberries will certainly make the salad more tantalizing.
Give the salad a touch of summer fun with pineapples. These have a sour and tarty flavor to add a rich flavor. Pineapples are also juicy and pulpy for a fun texture when you eat them.
These cherries may be small, but they are certainly bursting with a sweet and tangy flavor. Cherries also have a deep red color to give the salad more color and variety.
Use your leftover cherries to make Cherry Juice and pair them with the salad! Cherries also blend well with yogurt, chocolates, yogurt, oatmeal, and trail mix.
The fruit salad recipe won’t be complete without yummy oranges. Not only are oranges juicy, but they’re also pulpy. Their sweet and refreshing flavors are perfect for salad recipes.
Aside from using the orange sacs, you can also zest oranges for more flavor. Squeeze the oranges to prepare Orange Juice to go with this salad for a fresh feeling!
They may look like oranges, but clementines have a uniquely sweet and tarty flavor. There are seedless clementines you can use for salads.
Always balance the sweetness of citrus fruits with bananas. They are only mildly sweet yet still flavorful. Bananas are also soft and tender – easy to add and eat in a salad.
Indeed, no healthy, juicy, and delicious fruit has been left behind in this recipe! The flavor of each ingredient adds something to the fruit salad that makes it irresistible!
Now, let me show you how easy it is to make the Fruit Salad.
Isn’t this the simplest yet healthiest salad you have ever made? This healthy Fruit Salad recipe should be on the top of your list when starting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle!
Here’s a guide on how you can buy and store fresh fruits for the Fruit Salad.
- Apples should feel firm when you apply slight pressure on them.
- Don’t buy apples with bruises, blemishes, holes, or soft spots.
- Naturally, shiny apples should not feel waxy to the touch.
- Store apples at room temperature for up to seven days or until ripe.
- Once ripe, store them in a resealable bag, freezer bag, or paper bag and place them in the fridge to last up to a month.
- Go for strawberries with red color and a natural shine.
- The green caps or stems should also be intact and in a healthy green color.
- Strawberries can last up to two days at room temperature.
- Place the unwashed strawberries on a lined plate or tray and cover them with cling film for up to seven days in the fridge.
- You can also freeze them in freezer bags for up to three months.
- Ripe pineapples should have a green-yellow color with healthy green leaves.
- The shell should be firm, and a fruity and sweet fragrance should be smelled from the base.
- Sweeter and juicier pineapples also feel heavy for their size.
- Pineapples can last up to three days at room temperature.
- Refrigerate sliced pineapples in containers.
- There are different varieties of cherries, but choose ones that appear dark.
- The skin should be smooth and glossy with a vibrant pigment in color.
- Cherries should also be firm and plump.
- Use room-temperature cherries within one day.
- Wrap the unwashed cherries in several layers of paper towels and refrigerate them to last up to one week.
- You can also pre-freeze them into freezer bags to last up to several months.
Oranges and clementines
Buying oranges and clementines
- Oranges and clementines that feel heavy for their size are juicy and fresh.
- Their skin should have a fine and firm texture.
- Color is not an indication of freshness or ripeness.
- Discard oranges and clementines with soft spots and mushy areas.
Storing oranges and clementines
- Put oranges and clementines in mesh bags and store them in the fridge for up to a month.
- You can also freeze them to last up to a month.
- Store sliced oranges and clementines in containers and use within one week.
- Ripe bananas will have yellow and brown spots on them.
- Touch the brown spots to check if they are mere pigments or soft spots.
- Don’t buy bananas with gray color and mushy texture.
- Bananas can be left at room temperature to last up to five days.
- You can hang them in bunches too.
- To slow down the ripening, wrap the steps with cling film.
- Ripe bananas can also be placed in the fridge for up to a week.
- They can also be peeled, pre-frozen, and stored in freezer bags to last up to two months.
Fruit Salad Variations
Since these are fresh fruits, it is perfectly vegan, gluten-free, and vegetarian! If you’re allergic to any of the fruits mentioned, then you can remove them from the recipe or replace them with other fruits you prefer.
The fruits can be combined with other vegetables to make a:
Make your fruit salad more exciting by adding leafy greens such as spinach and kale! Fruit salad may be delicious, but it will be tastier and healthier with veggies!
Add more flavor to your salad with mixed herbs, natural sweeteners, and toppings! Aside from the fruits in this recipe, you can also use the following:
- Nuts and seeds
- Feta cheese
Take your fruit salad recipes to the next level by tossing them in delicious salad dressings for your choice. Let me know how you like to make your own salad recipe!
- Glass bowl: Combine the fruits in a glass bowl.
- Knife: Peel and slice the fruits using a clean knife.
- Cutting board: Chop the fruits on a clean board to prevent contamination.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Serve Fruit Salad
To make it creamy, you can also incorporate condensed milk and a bit of heavy cream for variety and texture. Making fruit salad is all about being creative, so be as creative as you want with the ingredients!
Here are also some drinks you might want to consider enjoying with the salad:
This can be eaten daily, but limit your intake to a cup of fruit salad daily to avoid unwanted weight gain.
Generally, fruit salad is good for you, but if consumed excessively, it can lead to acid reflux, diarrhea, heartburn, and bloating. It can also have severe effects on people with diabetes.
To avoid these side effects, limit fruit salad intake to one cup daily.
- At room temperature: Eat the salad within two hours for the best quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the ingredients in fruit salad?
There can be different ingredients in a fruit salad. Out of all the fruits, I love the combination of apples, bananas, cherries, pineapples, oranges, clementines, and strawberries.
Sometimes, you can add herbs and spices, a salad dressing, or nuts and seeds.
How to make a simple fruit salad?
Fruit salad is so simple to make that you can just peel and slice the fruits, toss them in a bowl, and serve! It’s also easy to season with herbs, spices, or other liquid seasoning.
What is a mixed fruit salad?
A mixed fruit salad is a combination of different sweet fruits to make a fresh and energizing salad. You can also use any fruits and even improve them with seasoning, dressings, and nuts and seeds.
Is Fruit Salad healthy?
Fruit Salad is healthy and safe to eat! It’s packed with nutrients and vitamins to help with heart health, clear vision, collagen production, stress relief, muscle relaxation, bone health, digestion, and more!
This post may contain general information and does not constitute professional medical advice. Always seek information or advice from a qualified medical professional. Please read the full disclaimer for details.
- 1 fresh apple (peeled, cored, and diced)
- 7 fresh strawberries (diced)
- 2 slices fresh pineapples (peeled and diced)
- 12 fresh cherries (deseeded and sliced)
- 1 fresh orange (peeled and sectioned)
- 1 fresh clementine (peeled and sectioned)
- 1 fresh banana (peeled and sliced)
- Rinse the fruits.
- Peel and slice them using a knife.
- Simply mix the fruits in a bowl and serve!
- Purchase quality and fresh fruits.
- Store the fruits properly to keep them fresh for a longer period of time.
- Limit intake to 1 cup of fruit salad per day.