Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
What better way to enjoy oatmeal and banana than mixing them in one smoothie drink? You might even add this to your favorite blender recipes!
How to Make Oatmeal & Banana Smoothie
If you’re looking for a tasty weight-loss smoothie, this recipe is definitely the one to beat!
Oats alone may taste bland and a bit earthy, but with the right ingredients, you’ll find it yummier than ever. It’s a popular weight loss ingredient because of its fiber content!
You’ll find that the texture can be creamy and mushy, which is exactly what you want to achieve in a smoothie. Oatmeal is especially helpful for digestion, blood sugar levels, and gut health.
If you love Overnight Oats, you will also enjoy this recipe!
Bananas are naturally sweet with a texture that makes you feel like it melts in your mouth. Even its smell makes it extra delicious. It is used for purees, milkshakes, and bread.
If you love bananas, you will find these Money-Saving Hack for your beloved bananas and the Healthy Benefits of Bananas helpful!
This milk has a sweet taste that makes it great for breakfast meals. It has a smooth and rich consistency that makes it creamier than cow’s milk. Oat milk plays an important part in the smoothie’s texture and flavor.
While neutral in taste, chia seeds are healthy ingredients for smoothies. They are rich in vitamins and fiber to aid digestion, bone strength, and heart health.
According to WebMD, an ounce of chia seeds equals 39% of your daily fiber needs!
Maple syrup has a unique flavor because it tastes like a mix of vanilla and caramel. It’s thick and almost honey-like in consistency. This syrup also has the right level of sweetness to it, which can improve the smoothie.
Can you believe it only takes these five simple ingredients to make this tasty and healthy oatmeal smoothie? If you’re interested in smoothie recipes, then this is the perfect one to start with!
- Pour the oatmeal, whole or chapped banana, chia seeds, maple syrup, and oat milk into the blender.
- Then, set the blender to high speed and process the smoothie for a few minutes.
- After that, pour the contents into a glass or a mason jar to savor on a great day!
Take your first sip and realize how heavenly and divine this recipe is. It’s sweet, creamy, oatly, and smooth, making it a life-changing drink!
Tips to Make Oatmeal & Banana Smoothie
How to Store Oatmeal
- Store unopened oatmeal packages in cool and dry areas of your kitchen.
- However, once opened, transfer them into resealable bags or airtight glass containers to last up to a year.
- You can also freeze the oatmeal for a year.
How to Select and Store Bananas
Selection. If you won’t use them soon, buy green bananas and ripen them at home. Ripe bananas have a full yellow color with plump quality when touched. These are best for immediate use.
Storage. Keep bananas away from sunlight and heat to slow down ripening. You can also refrigerate or freeze the bananas to make the smoothie a bit cold.
How to Make a Smoothie Without a Blender
The great thing about this recipe is that it can be a smoothie or an oatmeal version. Then, combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix for a perfect combination of textures.
Alternatively, you can mash the bananas with a fork or masher and combine them with the other ingredients. The consistency may not be as smooth as a smoothie, but you can still drink it from a cup. Now, shake the contents in a tumbler to bind the ingredients.
Moreover, you can let it sit in the fridge overnight for the next day’s consumption.
Aside from the ingredients mentioned in this recipe, you can also use almonds, cashew nuts, and chocolate powder for a sweet and nutty taste. You can replace maple syrup with, date paste, honey, molasses, or agave nectar.
- Blender: Achieve a smoothie consistency using a blender.
- Glass: Pour and serve the smoothie in a glass cup.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Serve Oatmeal & Banana Smoothie
Smoothies are best enjoyed during the first half of the day to pack you with energy and make you feel full for a longer period. You can also serve it with breakfast meals such as:
Note that smoothies are not replacements for full meals. They are excellent supplements to dishes. According to the British Heart Foundation, limit your smoothie intake to 150ml daily.
- At room temperature: Smoothies are best consumed immediately at room temperature to utilize the full nutrients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you put raw oats in smoothies?
Yes, you can! Let the oatmeal soak in the milk and other ingredients, and you’re good to go. In fact, most oatmeal dishes taste better with raw oats.
Are oatmeal and banana good together?
Oatmeal and banana taste amazing together. The textures and flavors pair well to balance the sweet and earthy taste. Moreover, these are healthy ingredients for any diet!
Are oats and bananas good for weight loss?
Both oats and bananas are suggested for weight loss. They can help you digest food better for proper nutrition. These can also give you energy, vitamins, and antioxidants!
Are oatmeal smoothies good for you?
Of course! You can never go wrong with a smoothie with these all-natural healthy ingredients. In fact, it’s great for weight loss, heart health, cholesterol, metabolism, energy, and bone strength.
What should you not put in your smoothie?
In an article by Eat This, Not That, avoid adding flavored yogurt, fruit juices, artificial sweeteners, canned fruits, and ice cream into your smoothies.
Moreover, the sugar content from these ingredients can outweigh the benefits you can gain from the smoothie.
Banana Oatmeal Smoothie (VIDEO)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1½ cup oat milk
- Combine ingredients in a blender. Pour in the oatmeal, whole or chapped banana, chia seeds, maple syrup, and oat milk into the blender. Add or reduce the milk depending on how thick you want the smoothie to be.
- Blend it. Set the blender to high speed and process the smoothie for a few minutes. After that, pour the contents in a glass or a mason jar to savor for a productive day!
- You can use raw oatmeal, almond milk, pumpkin seeds, honey, and other alternatives to make your version of this smoothie.
- Consume it immediately at room temperature to maximize its benefits.
- Add or reduce the milk depending on how thick you want the smoothie.