Bread is a classic breakfast, but you can make it extraordinary by cooking this French Toast recipe. Use the flavor and quality of dairy for delicious and fluffy toast! You can even make this as a snack for the weekend.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
Whether you’re cooking it on stovetop or toaster, this French Toast is guaranteed to be the best best!
How to Make French Toast
Once you taste this dish, you’ll look forward to cooking this french toast recipe for breakfast!
Use white bread or other kinds of bread for the toast. I also recommend homemade bread as a healthier alternative. Since this is the main ingredient, purchase good quality bread for the best results.
For more recipes with bread, try Pizza Bread, Egg and Cheese Sandwich, and Omelet Toast!
The egg will help you achieve the french toast’s tender, milky, and brown quality. It also allows the seasoning to be fully mixed into the bread to make the dish flavorful.
Serve the bread with other egg recipes like Egg and Yam Frittata, Fried Eggs, and Noodles and Egg Stir Fry!
Add evaporated milk for a creamy and dessert-like taste. It also provides moisture to cook the bread properly. Use it for Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake to make the French Toast more enjoyable!
If you want to make it sweet, then I suggest using granulated sugar. It will melt perfectly on the bread for a perfect brown finish. Meanwhile, cinnamon is an optional ingredient that you will give a balance of sweet, spicy, and woody flavors.
Once you have these ingredients, making French Toast will be a walk in the park! Indeed, the simplest food can turn into a stellar delicacy.
This is how easy this French Toast recipe is:
- Break an egg into a small bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, cinnamon, and evaporated milk with a fork.
- Heat a frying pan over medium fire.
- Then, add butter to the pan and swirl the melted butter around.
- Coat the bread in the mixture on both sides.
- Put the bread in the pan and fry one side at a time.
- Wait until golden brown before flipping onto the other side using a turner.
- Once content with the doneness, remove the bread from the heat and serve!
It is a crispy, delicious, and tasty breakfast meal you will enjoy to the last bite! Since breakfast is essential for the day, make it count by cooking this Perfect French Toast!
How to Make Bread for the French Toast Recipe
While you can always use store-bought bread, I suggest using homemade bread. Check out these three ways to make your bread.
For Oven-Baked Bread, the ingredients will include strong bread flour, powdered milk sugar, nutmeg, salt, yeast, an egg, water, and butter.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl before mixing the wet ingredients.
- Knead it by hand or use the kneading attachment of the mixer.
- Grease the baking pan with oil or butter.
- Then, divide the dough into three.
- Knead each piece into cylindrical rolls.
- Place the dough in the pan.
- Bake it in the oven at 150°C for 18 minutes or until done.
Use the same ingredients mentioned above and do the same procedure to prepare the dough. No-Oven Bread is easier than you expect it to be!
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper and grease the lid.
- Put ceramic baking beans and iron stand in a large po.
- Let it heat for 30 minutes over high heat.
- Then, place the loaf pan on the rack
- Let it cook for 5 minutes on each side to cook the bread fully.
Here’s how you can make Air Fryer Bread:
- Slice the dough into eight pieces and mold them into balls.
- Place them in the greased air fryer basket.
- Then, allow the dough to rise for about 45 minutes.
- Cover it with parchment paper.
- Cook it in the air fryer for 14 minutes at 95°C.
French Toast Variations
Aside from the seasoning mentioned in this French Toast recipe, you can also use other flavoring agents such as vanilla extract, maple syrup, nutmeg, and more. All Recipes suggests using brioche, french bread, sourdough, and white bread for the base.
Instead of evaporated milk, I suggest using Almond Milk as a natural alternative. You can also cook toast in a sandwich toaster. For related recipes, you can try my Egg Omelette Toast or a Cheese and Egg Sandwich.
- Frying pan: Cook the French Toast recipe in a pan over a stove.
- Glass bowl: Prepare the mixture in a glass bowl.
- Turner: Flip the bread over using a turner.
- Fork: Whisk the wet mixture with a fork.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
How to Serve French Toast
This French Toast recipe is best cooked for breakfast with your favorite drinks. Moreover, you can drizzle it with maple syrup, honey, chocolate syrup, or any other condiment of your choice.
French toast can even be consumed as a dessert by adding Vanilla Ice Cream on top. It can also be served with a side of bacon, eggs, freshly sliced fruits, yogurt, and more!
Check out these yummy dishes to enjoy with French Toast:
Meanwhile, prepare this easy and quick drinks for this dish:
- At room temperature: Eat the French Toast within 2 hours of cooking it to enjoy the crunch.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the trick to making good French Toast recipe?
There are lots of things to think of when making a good French Toast recipe. For instance, you need to prepare a wet mixture with well-balanced flavor. Then, cook it properly, flipping it at the right time.
What is the most common mistake in making French Toast?
The most common mistake in making French Toast is soaking the bread too long. If the bread is too wet, then it can fall apart or become soggy. Lightly dip it into the mixture to coat each side.
Is French Toast soggy or crispy?
French Toast should be crispy and a bit crunchy or flaky. The texture also depends on the wet mixture and the cooking process. Coat it in the mixture without soaking it. Use milk, eggs, and sugar for delicious coating!
- 2 white bread
- 1 egg
- 50 ml evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- Make the mixture. Break an egg into a small dish, add sugar, cinnamon, and evaporated milk, and whisk together.
- Cook the french toast. Heat a frying pan over medium fire. Add butter to the pan and swirl it around to coat the pan in butter. Coat the bread in the mixture to coat both sides. Don't submerge it too long to prevent it from becoming soggy.
- Put the bread in the pan and fry one side at a time. Wait until golden brown before flipping onto the other side. Once content with the doneness, remove the bread from the heat and serve!