Why should you make an Almond Milk recipe at home?
Almond Milk is an all-natural, organic, and plant-based milk that you can use for lots of recipes. It’s the perfect alternative to dairy milk that still gives you a creamy, nutty, and sweet quality.
Aside from the flavor and texture that almond milk can give you, it will also give you nutrients and health benefits for your diet and lifestyle. You can certainly use it for drinks and dishes for kids and adults.
Instead of buying almond milk, you can easily make it from fresh almonds and other added ingredients. Once you make it, you can use it to make baby food, bread, desserts, smoothies, baked goods, soups, and so much more!
How to Make Almond Milk
While you can make almond milk from fresh almonds, I will share with you more ingredients that can make it tastier. Just whip out your blender and let it do all of the work for the best results.
Once you taste this Almond Milk, you will always choose to make it at home!
List down these ingredients for everything you need for the Almond Milk recipe:
You can’t make almond milk without almonds, can you?
Almonds are the edible seeds of the almond fruit. These are native to the Mediterranean and are now known worldwide. The almonds have a mix of sweet, nutty, earthy, and bitter flavors.
There are two types of almonds: sweet and bitter almonds. You will see more sweet almonds than bitter almonds in grocery stores. While bitter almonds need to be processed to eat, you can use sweet almonds anytime.
Inside, the almonds have a white kernel but on the outside, it is covered with reddish-brown skin. Almonds are usually dried or fried before eating for a roasted and toasted quality.
Most importantly, you can trust that almonds can improve your health in many ways.
You will never run out of ways to use almonds for your dishes and drinks. For instance, you can pair them with oats, cereal, milkshakes, smoothies, granola, and so much more.
Upgrade your almond milk with some vanilla extract.
The vanilla extract will give the drink a sweet flavor and a fragrant aroma. It’s one of the best natural sweeteners you can use when you make milk at home. You can use either pure vanilla extract or imitation vanilla extract for good flavor.
Aside from using it for almond milk, it will also taste well with soy milk, oat milk, coconut milk, and more. It will surely make the milk tastier and richer in flavor and texture!
Do you feel like something is missing from the milk? Maybe you need pitted dates!
Dates are stone fruits with a pit inside that you can easily remove. These are some of the best fruits that you can use as sweeteners, too. The dates have a sweet flavor and a chewy texture.
I like using pitted dates because their sweet taste is similar to caramel. Aside from using pitted dates, you can also use date paste for an easy-to-mix product that will dissolve in the almond milk.
Salt and water
A bit of salt in milk is always good to balance all of the flavors. Water is also needed to achieve the milky smooth consistency to transform it into the best beverage completely.
Trust me; this recipe will be the best-tasting almond milk you’ve ever had!
Here’s how easy it is to make the Almond Milk recipe:
- Soak the almonds in a bowl of water overnight.
- Blend the almonds, filtered water, vanilla extract, sea salt, and pitted dates using a blender.
- Then, filter the contents with a nutmilk bag or a sieve.
- Pour the milk into a bottle to store!
Homemade Almond Milk will surely be the next staple drink in your home! Serve it with your favorite breakfast meals for the best time!
- Almonds can be bought in the shell or shelled.
- Shelled almonds are best for roasting, balancing, and raw eating or blending.
- You can buy them whole, sliced, or even diced.
- If you don’t have a lot of time, then feel free to buy the prechopped almonds.
- In case you prefer fresher almonds, it’s best to go for the whole almonds.
- There is no need to worry about the skin because it can add more flavor, aroma, and character to the milk!
- For raw almonds, keep them in their original packaging and place them in a cool and dark place – this way, they can last up to two years.
- Once the package is opened, transfer the almonds into an airtight container or resealable plastic bag.
- Then, store them in a dry and cool place – this method can make almonds last up to three months.
Almond Milk Recipe Variations
Is there any other way to take your almond milk to the next level? Of course! Always use sweet almonds to make milk because these can give you a creamy, rich, and nutty quality.
Aside from vanilla extract and pitted dates, you may also use cinnamon, maple syrup, oats, cocoa powder, coconut oil, chia seeds, flax seeds, yogurt, honey, peanut butter, and nutmeg for healthier and more flavorful almond milk!
You can also try my special Chocolate Almond Drink for an extra sweet and creamy quality.
No-Blender Almond Milk
No blender? No problem! There’s an alternative way to make almond milk without a blender. It will take more time and effort, but it will still taste yummy either way.
- Soak the almonds overnight, drain the water, and manually remove the skin from each almond.
- Then, use a mortar and pestle to break the almonds apart.
- Once you have ground almonds, you can incorporate filtered water, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Mix them until you see that the water has turned white.
- Filter the mixture using a sieve, cheesecloth, or nut milk bag, and you have almond milk!
- Blender: Make the almond milk in a blender.
- Nutmilk bag: Filter the contents with a nut milk bag for a smooth and silky texture.
- Glass bottles: Store your fresh almond milk in glass bottles
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Use Almond Milk
Now that you have almond milk, how do you plan on using it?
Almond milk is perfect for any time of the day. You can serve it with breakfast, dinner, or a snack. It’s a tastier and healthier substitute for hot chocolate, juice, or sodas. It can also be an alternative to coffee creamer.
In terms of dessert, you can incorporate it in ice cream, pudding, moi moi, and more. When it comes to drinks, you can drink almond milk on its own, combine it with coffee, or turn it into a smoothie.
Here are some recipes where you can add almond milk:
- At room temperature: Don’t store homemade almond milk at room temperature to prevent it from spoiling quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How almond milk is made?
You can make almond milk by blending almonds, water, and sweeteners. After blending, you need to filter the contents to get all the creamy goodness and separate the pulp.
What can I use my almond milk for?
Make the most out of your almond milk by using it as a substitute for dairy milk. It goes well with cereal, oats, granola, and other products. You can also use it for baking as a plant-based alternative.
Almond milk can also be a good creamer for coffee, hot chocolate, or other drinks. Sometimes, I add it to sauces and dips for a burst of flavor. In fact, you can even use it to make ice cream, yogurt, and more.
Is it OK to drink almond milk daily?
Yes, it is okay to drink almond milk every day. Almond Milk is rich in vitamins and minerals. It can improve your skin, heart, brain, muscles, eyes, bones, and overall health.
How many almonds does it take to make 1 liter of almond milk?
Making one liter of almond milk may take at least one cup of almonds and four cups of water. It will also depend on the size of the almonds that you have.
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 cups water
- A pinch sea salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 dates (pitted)
Soak the almonds in water.
- Put the almonds in a bowl and submerge them in water overnight.
- Soaking will also make the almonds softer and less bitter.
- Once it’s time to blend, drain the water.
Blend the ingredients together.
- Add the soaked almonds, filtered water, vanilla extract, sea salt, and pitted dates to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Filter the contents.
- The best tool to use for straining the mixture is a nut milk bag because it can filter the chunks of ingredients.
- After straining the milk, it is now ready to drink or store!