When it comes to milkshakes, the Avocado Banana Milkshake has always been a family favorite!
Avocados and bananas taste so well together that you’re going to savor every sip of this drink. You will surely enjoy its sweet, earthy, and nutty flavor with its creamy and thick texture.
Not only is it delicious, but it is also good for your health in many ways. Whip out your blender, and you can easily make it in about five minutes!
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
How to Make Avocado Banana Milkshake
The Avocado Banana Milkshake is simple to make, especially since bananas and avocados are already soft and tender. It’s absolutely easy because the blender will do all the work for you!
Can you believe that it only takes three ingredients to prepare this drink?
What makes avocados good for milkshakes is that they naturally have a soft, creamy, and buttery texture. It tastes like a mix of mildly sweet, nutty, and earthy.
I suggest using ripe avocados because they’re easy to blend and pair with other fruits. In fact, they’re some of my go-to fruits for milkshakes.
Like avocados, bananas have a soft and tender texture that’s perfect for drinks. They have sweet and floral flavors and aromas that pair well with other fruits.
This milkshake recipe uses ripe bananas for a mild flavor and mushy texture. Its sweet flavor will surely complement the earthy avocados.
The secret to an extra creamy milkshake is milk! There are plenty of milk flavors that you can use, such as whole, skim, and even dairy-free milk.
Can you taste and relish the Avocado Banana Milkshake’s creamy, sweet, and nutty flavor?
Let’s start making a delicious, healthy, and easy Avocado Banana Milkshake!
- Peel the banana and chop it with a knife.
- Remove the skin and pit of the avocado and slice it in half.
- Use one half for the milkshake and store the other half.
- Then, put the bananas and avocado in the blender.
- Pour in the milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Finally, pour the contents into a glass cup and enjoy!
This milkshake is so tasty and comforting that it’s certainly going to put you in a better mood. Most importantly, this beverage will surely have lots of health benefits in store for you!
- Buy avocados that feel heavy for their size with a slightly tender texture.
- Moreover, do not buy ones with loose pits.
- You can buy unripe avocados if you don’t intend to use them for a few days.
- Keep ripe ones in the fridge and use them immediately.
- Once peeled and sliced, store them in freezer bags to store.
- Bananas with brown or black specks are ripe and are great for milkshakes.
- They should also feel plump to the touch.
- Then, discard bananas with bruises and soft spots.
- Unripe bananas can ripen at room temperature.
- Once ripe, place them in the fridge to keep for a longer time.
- You can also freeze them in a freezer bag once frozen.
Avocado Banana MilkshakeVariations
There are many ways to make your own version of the Avocado Banana Milkshake!
You can pair avocados with other fruits, such as mangoes, strawberries, and pineapples. On the other hand, bananas blend well with oranges, apples, pears, and blueberries. You can also blend the fruits individually.
For milk options, I suggest using Almond Milk for more flavor. You can also use evaporated milk or whole milk for that extra creamy texture. Additionally, you can mix it with Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt for a thicker texture.
No-Blender Avocado Banana Milkshake
- Blender: Make the Avocado Banana Milkshake using a blender.
- Knife: Peel and chop the avocado and banana with a knife.
- Glass cup: Serve the drink in a glass cup.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Serve Avocado Banana Milkshake
Enjoy the Avocado Banana Milkshake with breakfast meals, snacks, or desserts! It’s also the best drink to make if you’re craving sweet, creamy, and filling. Here are some of the best dishes to eat with this drink:
- At room temperature: Drink Avocado Banana Milkshake within two hours of making it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it okay to blend avocado and banana together?
Yes, it is! Avocados and bananas can make the best combination for milkshakes because they’re both soft, creamy, and tasty. They are easy to blend since they both have tender textures.
Try the Avocado Banana Milkshake to experience how well they taste together!
Is avocado banana and milk good for you?
Of course! With the health benefits of these fruits, you will surely improve your overall health. It also helps curb your cravings for sugary drinks and desserts.
What fruit mixes well with avocado?
According to Thrive Cuisine, the best fruits that go well with avocados:
How healthy is avocado shake?
Avocado shake is absolutely healthy for you. It has lots of nutrients that can help with your heart, eyes, and brain. Avocados also prevent different types of cancer and bone problems.
Avocado Banana Milkshake (VIDEO)
- ½ avocado
- 1½ cup milk
- 1 ripe banana (large-sized)
- Prepare the fruits.Peel the banana and chop it with a knife. Remove the skin and pit of the avocado and slice it into half. Use one half for the milkshake and store the other half.
- Blend. Put the bananas and avocado in the blender and pour in the milk. Blend until smooth.
- Drink. Pour the contents into a glass cup and enjoy!
- If you don’t have a blender, you can use a food processor, masher, fork, or knife to achieve the same consistency.
- The milkshake can be frozen and thawed in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- You can add vanilla extract and any sweetener of your choice.