From now on, you won’t have to buy Vanilla Ice Cream because you will learn how to make it at home!
You will surely love every spoon of this freezer-friendly treat. Every once in a while, you deserve a scoop of ice cream, so why not start with Vanilla Ice Cream?
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
If it’s your first time making ice cream, then the Vanilla Ice Cream is the best recipe for you. It’s easy, quick, and affordable, yet absolutely delicious and satisfying!
How to Make Vanilla Ice Cream
Once you experience how easy it is to make Vanilla Ice Cream, you will always choose to make your own version at home. Don’t worry; I’ll tell you everything you need to know about it!
I’ve tried many ice cream recipes before but these ingredients have proven to be the best ones for homemade Vanilla Ice Cream:
It won’t be ice cream without cream! In this recipe, I used the Elmea because the brand offers products that will allow dishes to stay fresh for an extended period.
Elmlea Double is a multipurpose cream alternative that’s perfect for pudding and pasta. It’s also easy to whip, mix, and blend to get a thick, creamy, and smooth consistency.
You can always use Elmea Double for your favorite rich and velvety recipes. In fact, it can even add a mildly sweet flavor to the ice cream!
Don’t forget to add condensed milk to make the ice cream sweet and decadent. It also thickens the texture to help the ice cream freeze properly.
There are many condensed milk brand you can try. I suggest Carnation Condensed Milk because it has the perfect amount of sweetness and is gluten-free!
Aside from using it for ice cream, I also add condensed milk to Frozen Yogurt and other sweet treats for the family!
Is it even vanilla ice cream without vanilla extract? It’s a popular seasoning ingredient that adds a powerful flavor that will remind you of caramel and jasmine.
Vanilla extract can also bring out the original flavor of the frozen treat without discoloring the cream, maintaining its white and smooth appearance.
Once you have all of these ready, you can make the Vanilla Ice Cream within minutes. You are now one step closer to enjoying a yummy and filling treat!
Let’s have some fun as we make Vanilla Ice Cream!
- Pour the cream into a measuring jug.
- Use a mixer to whip the Elmlea Double until it doubles in volume.
- Then, add the condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Fold the mixture with a spatula until well-combined.
- Transfer contents into a freezable container and put them in the freezer.
- After all the mixing, it’s time to let it freeze for a few hours or overnight!
Whenever you’re craving something sweet, comforting, and creamy, you easily make or prepare your Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream!
- One of the ways to improve this recipe is to chill the bowl and the container before using it. Freeze it overnight.
- Along with the mixing bowl, chill the Elmlea Double as well because this will make a richer and creamier base.
- Chilled cream is easier to whip.
- Moreover, don’t fill the container to the brim.
- Leave some space for the mixture to expand.
- Overfilling the container will slow down the freezing.
Vanilla Ice Cream Variations
If you want to add some flavor and texture to your Vanilla Ice Cream, then you can use any of the following to make it more fun and colorful:
- Hand mixer: Mix the ingredients until creamy and thick.
- Measuring jug: Prepare the mixture in a measuring jug.
- Silicone spatula: Fold the batter with a spatula.
- Container: Put the mixture in a container to freeze.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Serve Vanilla Ice Cream
Before serving, leave it at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes, so it is easy to scoop. Use an ice cream scooper to measure an adequate amount of ice cream.
Use it for ice cream sandwiches, floats, sundaes, cakes, parfaits, pies, frozen bars, and milkshakes!
For dish pairings, I highly suggest the following:
- At room temperature: Don’t let the ice cream sit at room temperature. You can only put it at room temperature for at least ten minutes before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the ingredients in vanilla ice cream?
Usually, vanilla ice cream is made of milk, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. But this recipe only uses Elmlea Double, condensed milk, and vanilla extract for a healthier result.
Which cream is best for ice cream?
Taste of Home suggests using heavy cream, half-and-half, or whole milk to make ice cream. In this recipe, I suggest using Elmlea Double for an extra creamy and thick consistency.
What does vanilla ice cream taste like?
Vanilla Ice Cream tastes like the perfect mix of sweet, caramel, and floral flavors. The vanilla extract’s taste is not too overpowering because you only need it in a small amount.
How is vanilla ice cream made?
There are many ways to make Vanilla Ice Cream. The easiest way I can suggest is to use a mixer to easily double the volume of the cream.
Easy Vanilla Ice Cream (VIDEO)
- 2 cups Elmlea Double (chilled)
- ⅘ cup condensed milk (or ¾ cup)
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Whip the Elmlea.Pour the chilled Elmlea Double into a deep bowl and use a mixer to whip it until it doubles in volume.
- Add the other other ingredients. Once the Elmlea is whipped to a creamy consistency, add in the condensed milk and the vanilla extract.
- Fold the mixture.In this step, fold the mixture in such a way that the condensed milk and vanilla extract are incorporated even to the cream at the bottom of the bowl. At this point, you will start to notice that the consistency has become creamier. You can have a taste of the mixture and add more condensed milk or vanilla extract according to your liking.
- Freeze it.Transfer it into a freezable container and put it in the freezer. After all the mixing, it’s time to let it freeze for a few hours or overnight!
- Serve it.Scoop some vanilla ice cream into a bowl and joy its softness, creaminess, and deliciousness.
- Whenever you’re craving something sweet, comforting, and creamy, you easily make or prepare your 3-Ingredient Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream!
- Before serving, leave the ice cream at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes, so it is easy to scoop.