Nothing says cool, sweet, and fruit than a creamy, thick, and smooth Strawberry Banana Milkshake!
Whenever my family craves for milkshake, I always make sure to use fresh fruits. They give the best flavor and all the health benefits. Of all the fruit milkshakes I tried, strawberries and bananas make some of the most awesome combinations yet;
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
How to Make Strawberry Banana Milkshake
Don’t you just love how easy and quick milkshakes are? As long as you have fresh fruits and milk, you can just pop everything into a blender. Blend away until you get a Strawberry Banana Milkshake that tastes incredible.
All you need is five minutes of your time to make a fruity, sweet, and smooth milkshake!
Can you guess everything you will need for the Strawberry Banana Milkshake?
When it comes to berries in your drinks, strawberries should be on top of your options.
Adding strawberries will give the drink a sweet, sour, and tangy flavor. The bright red color of these berries will also give the drink a vibrant color. Even their sweet aroma improves the quality of the drink.
I love using these for milkshakes because they are already soft and juicy – easy and quick to blend. Most importantly, strawberries have lots of health benefits to make your life better.
I especially suggest using strawberries to get kids into healthy drinks. Whether you use them in drinks or dishes, they’re absolutely fantastic. I also use these berries to make Strawberry Ice Cream Bars, Strawberry Jam Donuts, and Jam!
Milkshakes always taste better with bananas!
What better fruit to pair with strawberries than bananas, right? They have a mildly sweet flavor that can balance the taste of the berries. Bananas are also soft and creamy for the right texture.
In this recipe, I suggest using ripe bananas for a flavor that goes well with the berries. They’re quick and easy to blend, too. You can even use overripe bananas as long as they are not too mushy.
We can’t call it a milkshake without milk, can we? There are many milk options to choose from. In this recipe, I suggest using milk for a mild flavor and creamy texture.
In fact, it will help bind the berries and bananas together for the perfect blend of flavors. The milk will also make it easier for you to prepare the drink in the blender. I also suggest using other milk like almond milk.
Doesn’t this sound like a drink you’d want to make for yourself and your loved ones?
Power up your blender and let’s make the Strawberry Banana Milkshake!
- Rinse and peel the strawberries and bananas.
- Slice the fruits with a knife.
- Then, mix the fruits, water, and milk in a blender.
- Blend the contents until smooth.
- Once happy with the texture, serve it in a glass and enjoy!
With everything I mentioned, you can never go wrong with this recipe. Every time you drink it feels like a breath of fresh breeze!
- California Strawberries suggests buying bright red and shiny strawberries.
- The leaves on top should also have a green color.
- Small berries tend to be juicier than large ones.
- Keep the strawberries in their box and store them in the fridge for a week.
- Otherwise, freeze them in freezer bags for long-term storage.
- Buy bright yellow bananas with no green skin.
- Check if they feel full and plump.
- Southern Living suggests storing bananas at room temperature for a week.
- You can also keep them in the fridge to last longer.
- Freeze peeled and sliced bananas for several weeks or months.
Strawberry Banana Milkshake Variations
There are countless milkshake flavors you can try out!
Aside from the Strawberry Banana Milkshake combination, you can go for plain berry or banana flavors too. Make every drink special by mixing these fruits with other fruits.
According to Produce Made Simple, strawberries go well with blueberries, lemons, melons, oranges, pineapples, watermelons, spinach, and pears. Meanwhile, you can pair bananas with pineapples, papayas, mangoes, dates, guavas, and cranberries.
Take your milkshake to a new level by adding ice cream, yogurt, maple syrup, and chocolate sauce. Honey, sprinkles, and whipped cream are also good options for toppings.
How do you plan to make your Strawberry Banana Milkshake different?
No-Blender Strawberry Banana Milkshake
Even without a blender, you can still make the Strawberry Banana Milkshake. Use a food processor to get a similar texture. You can also puree the fruits with a masher to get a thick texture that you can enjoy.
- Blender: Use a blender to make the Strawberry Banana Milkshake.
- Knife: Chop the fruits with a knife.
- Glass: Pour contents into a glass and serve.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Serve a Strawberry Banana Milkshake
The Strawberry Banana Milkshake is so good that my family always craves for it!
You can already serve the Strawberry and Banana Milkshake as it is, especially if it is cold or chilled. I also suggest topping it off with whipped cream, chocolate, ice cream, or fresh fruits.
Serve the fruit drink in the morning for a quick drink to give you energy for the day. You will also love it as a before or after a workout as long as you drink it properly.
If you crave anything sweet, then you can drink this drink for a burst of flavor. Check out these recipes for the best dishes to serve with the drink:
- At room temperature: U.S. Food and Drug Administration suggests drinking it within two hours.
To thaw, the U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service suggests cold thawing. Put the drink in the fridge and let it thaw for up to 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Strawberry and Banana Milkshake good for you?
Yes, it is. Strawberries and bananas are loaded with vitamins and minerals to help your body and brain function properly. Even milk has vitamins, calcium, and protein to boost your energy and immune system.
As long as you use fresh and healthy ingredients, you are on the right track to keeping your health in check.
What is the difference between a milkshake and a smoothie?
The difference lies in the base ingredients you use. The smoothie usually has yogurt as a base while the milkshake has cream or milk as its base. You can use both fruits and vegetables to make either of them!
How healthy is a strawberry milkshake?
The strawberry milkshake is extremely healthy. According to Bionova, it is good for your immunity, heart health, teeth, skin, and weight loss. .
Are banana milkshakes healthy?
Yes, they are! Drinking a banana milkshake can work wonders for your energy, sleep quality, digestion, hair, skin, and overall health. It will also make you feel full while satisfying your sweet cravings.
Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- 200 g strawberries frozen (or unfrozen)
- 2 bananas ripe and frozen (or unfrozen)
- ⅓ cup evaporated milk (or fresh milk)
- ½ cup water
- Prepare the fruits. Remove the green leaves from the strawberries and wash them under running water. It’s best to do this before making the milkshake to preserve its moisture. Strawberries can also be washed with water, vinegar, or salt to remove pesticide residue. On the other hand, peel and slice the overripe banana into small pieces. For a chilled milkshake, you can put the sliced bananas in a freezer bag and leave them in the freezer for a few hours or overnight.
- Blend all of the ingredients. Add the strawberries, sliced bananas, water, and evaporated milk to a blender and blend until smooth. Once you’re contented with the consistency, transfer the contents into a glass, and you can now enjoy this refreshing Strawberry and Banana Milkshake!
- Never leave the milkshake at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
- Overripe bananas are also completely safe and nutritious to eat.
- It’s best to drink this milkshake in the morning, before, or after a workout.
- Strawberries can also be washed with water, vinegar, or salt to remove pesticide residue.
- For a chilled milkshake, you can put the sliced bananas in a freezer bag and leave them in the freezer for a few hours or overnight.
- As an alternative to a blender, you can soften the strawberries and bananas and mash them using a whisk or a spoon. Once mashed, add the milk and the water to mix everything.