Easy Banana Bread is one of the best bread recipes to make at home. It is certainly a great of using fruits and bread together. If you love bananas and chocolates, then you will appreciate this dish!
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
Baking bread is now made more interesting with bananas! You will surely enjoy it for breakfast, snacks, or desserts.
Banana Bread Nutrition
Below are the nutrition facts for one serving of this recipe. The total servings for this banana bread recipe are ten slices.
|SERVING: 1 (of 10 slices)||Calories: 239kcal||Carbohydrates: 34g|
|Protein: 4g||Fat: 10g||Saturated Fat: 6g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat:1g||Monounsaturated Fat: 3g||Trans Fat: 0.3g|
|Cholesterol: 53mg||Sodium: 171mg||Potassium: 145mg|
|Fiber: 2g||Sugar: 11g||Vitamin A: 295IU|
|Vitamin C:2mg||Calcium: 42mg||Iron: 2mg|
How to Make Banana Bread with Chocolates
Get the best of chocolates and bananas for a delightful BANANA BREAD experience.
“All sorrows are less with this BANANA BREAD RECIPE.”
The best pastry dishes always start with the right ingredients. So add these to your grocery list now!
Bananas have a mild flavor, soft texture, and tremendous nutrients. They are also popularly used for desserts, smoothies, and even snacks. These are some of the best fruits to use for flavored bread.
Moreover, these fruits are great for weight loss, energy, immunity, bone health, and digestion. Use bananas for Avocado Banana Milkshake or Strawberry and Banana Milkshake to drink with the bread!
One of the common conceptions about chocolates is that they can cause weight gain. On the contrary, chocolates can be good for your body, relaxation, and mental health.
Relish the sweetness and absorb the nutrients! In fact, you can use Dark Chocolate to make it healthier.
Flour serves as the foundation of banana bread. It also forms the crumb and the texture of the pastry. I also use this for Plantain Bread, Fluffy Donuts, and Almond Loaf Cake!
Baking powder and baking soda are leavening agents to give the pastry a light and airy texture. Furthermore, these react with the wet and dry ingredients to make the bread fluffy!
Butter is an additional leavening agent to make the bread flaky and crusty. It also adds a custard-like flavor and a buttery fragrance to the dish!
Eggs provide moisture to the batter to make the bread fluffy and soft. It also adds a beautiful brown color once the pastry is baked. Moreover, eggs go with the milk to make the bread moist!
Milk helps with binding the ingredients together to distribute flavors and improve texture. It also adds a creamy taste to the bread.
Seasoning includes sea salt, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla extract. Although used in small amounts, these ingredients are guaranteed to give you the best quality possible.
As a result of using these ingredients, you can ensure that you bake the perfect chocolate banana bread. Now, prepare to bake Banana Bread that every family member will undoubtedly love!
Prepare the bananas
- Peel and mash the bananas with a fork or a masher.
Make the batter
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the softened butter and cane sugar in a glass bowl for 5 minutes until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract until well mixed.
- Then, add the mashed bananas.
- Sieve the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Fold them together using a spatula.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on the batter.
Time to bake!
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Then, pour in the batter.
- Garnish it with more chocolate chips on top.
- In a preheated oven, bake the bread at 160°C (350º F) for one hour or until completely baked.
- Let it cool, slice, and serve!
How did your chocolatey banana bread turn out? Is it as heavenly as you expected it to be? If so, enjoy it with your favorite drinks and make the most of every bite!
- According to The Spruce Eats, go for ripe bananas that are yellow with specs of brown.
- They should also feel plump and full.
- Avoid bananas with discoloration or bruises.
- Unripe bananas can be stored at room temperature.
- Once ripe, place them in the fridge.
You need cocoa nibs, coconut oil, milk powder, and confectioners’ sugar to make your chocolate.
- Bake the cocoa nibs in the oven for 3 minutes at 150°C.
- Once cooled, mill them on high speed.
- Then, mix the milk cocoa nibs with the milk powder, sugar, and oil.
- Mill them together until you achieve a thick consistency.
- Pour the batter into a chocolate mold. Alternatively, pipe small amounts on a lined tray.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Finally, transfer them into resealable bags to store!
I also have a Dark Chocolate recipe that you can try at home!
Chocolate Banana Bread Variations
The best thing about homemade bread is customizing it according to your liking. You can either use chocolates or bananas or both to flavor the batter.
For the chocolate, you can make use of milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or other variants available to you. For toppings and added ingredients, I also suggest nuts, dried fruits, coffee, berries, buttermilk, butterscotch, pecans, raisins, oatmeal, and more.
You can also try a gluten-free variant by replacing the flour with almond flour or oat flour. Aside from sugar, sweeteners like maple syrup, honey, and stevia can be used to make the bread tastier.
To make a vegan version, you can switch the eggs with egg substitutes and milk with plant-based milk like Almond Milk.
Stovetop Banana Bread
If you don’t have access to an oven, then you can try this nifty no-oven chocolate banana bread recipe.
- Prepare the batter as instructed.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Then, pour in the batter.
- Preheat a pot with an iron stand for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Place the loaf pan inside.
- Let it cook on low fire for at least 45 minutes or until done.
Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Pour the batter into a round loaf pan.
- Then, preheat the air fryer to 165°C for a few minutes.
- Air fry the bread for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Oven: Bake the chocolate banana bread in the oven or air fryer.
- Whisk: Combine the ingredients using a whisk.
- Fine-mesh sieve: Filter the dry ingredients for a fine consistency.
- Loaf pan: Allow the pastry to cook in a loaf pan for shape and form.
- Parchment paper: Line the loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Glass bowl: Prepare the batters in bowls.
- Fork: Mash the bananas with a fork.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
How to Serve Chocolate Banana Bread
Indeed, chocolate banana bread can be served at almost any time of the day. It is commonly for breakfast or desserts with drinks and juices, such as:
You can also enjoy it with vanilla ice cream, salad, granola, peanut butter, green plantain porridge, and other meals. Remember to eat it moderation to prevent unwanted weight gain.
This dish is also perfect for date nights, family gatherings, and potluck events. Therefore, prepare it with love; you can never go wrong with serving the best chocolate banana bread!
- At room temperature: According to Sweetly Cakes, chocolate banana bread can be kept at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is banana bread healthy?
Banana bread is healthy because it’s infused with the nutrients of fresh and organic bananas. You can also control the sweetness to bake bread that’s best suited for your diet. In fact, the ingredients can be substituted with vegan or gluten-free food!
Why is my banana bread not moist?
Dry banana bread can be due to using too much flour. Use just enough flour and don’t forget to add milk and eggs for added moisture. Butter also makes the bread soft and tender.
How do you keep banana bread moist?
Line the container with a paper towel before storing the bread. Moreover, avoid storing it inthe fridge for too long.
Easy Banana Bread (with Chocolate Chips)
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 bananas (ripe)
- 6½ tbsp salted butter
- 5 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk (evaporated or fresh milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk chocolate
- 1 milk chocolate (for garnish) optional
- Combine the dry ingredients. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Set this mixture aside.
- Prepare the wet ingredients.Whisk the softened butter and cane sugar in a glass bowl for 5 minutes until you achieve a light, fluffy, and creamy consistency. This step helps with the light and moisture of the cake. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Set it aside.
- Add the bananas. Peel and mash the bananas with a fork or a masher. Add it to the wet ingredients batter. Mix until well combined.
- Make the batter. Sieve the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Fold them together until well combined. Last but not least, toss in the chocolate chips to evenly distribute them in the batter.
- Bake it. Line the loaf pan, 20cmx10.5cmx7cm (8”x4.5”x3”), with parchment paper or baking paper and pour in the batter. Garnish it with more chocolate chips on top. In a preheated oven, bake the bread at 160°C for 1 hour or until completely baked. Allow it to cool before serving!
- Remember to use ripe bananas for a mildly sweet taste.
- If you don’t have access to an oven, cook it on the stove in a pan or in the air fryer.
- There are gluten-free and vegan variations of this recipe for dietary concerns.
- Mixing the butter and sugar helps with the light and moisture of the bread.
- Always use ripe yellow bananas for banana bread. You can also use bananas in black or brown color for sweetness. The darker the banana is, the tastier it will be.
- You can use a muffin tin, cupcake molds, or cake tin, and other similar materials as an alternative to a loaf pan.