Even though they’re unripe, you can still put green bananas to good use with an easy, delicious, and healthy Banana Porridge!
Feel the warm and comfort of green bananas when you turn them into a porridge. You will surely love how mildly sweet it is on its own and even tastier with a sweetener like maple syrup.
It’s the perfect dish to serve in the morning or on the weekend to give your family a hearty meal. Kids and adults will surely relish every spoonful of a healthy homemade Banana Porridge.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
If you can’t wait for bananas to ripen, then you can make the Banana Porridge your go-to meal. You might be surprised at how good the porridge it tastes and how easy it is to make!
How to Make Green Banana Porridge
Can you believe that you can make a porridge from unripe green bananas? With a little bit of water and a sweetener, you can give the Banana Porridge a new, unique, and pleasant flavor that you’ll love!
What goes into the best Banana Porridge recipe?
They may be unripe but green bananas carry lots of flavor, quality, and health benefits. Since they have less sugar then ripe bananas, you can expect that they are less sweet and more starchy.
Compared to yellow bananas, green ones tend to be firm. Before you can turn it into a porridge, you need to puree them first. Once you cook them, you will experience how incredible they can taste.
Aside from the flavor they have, green bananas also boast lots of health benefits.
For another green banana recipe, you can also go for Banana Fufu. There’s always a way to bring out the best in green bananas. Wait until you try the Banana Porridge to taste how good their flavor can be!
Don’t forget to use a sweetener to improve the taste of the Banana Porridge. It’s thick texture can also make the dish smoother and richer for a better quality. You can use other sweeteners like honey, stevia, and even milk.
Get ready to make the best Green Banana Porridge ever! It’s surely perfect for the entire family! Are you convinced that you need to cook Banana Porridge?
Just follow these steps to make your own Banana Porridge at home:
- Peel the green bananas using a knife.
- Cut them into thin slices.
- Use a blender to puree the slices with water until smooth.
- Then, heat water in a pot over medium heat.
- Afterward, slowly pour the blended bananas while mixing the contents.
- After 15 minutes, add the maple syrup.
- Finally, transfer it into a bowl and enjoy it with fruits and other meals!
Now, you can enjoy a healthy and yummy meal in just two easy steps. It’s perfect for a quick breakfast to start your day right!
Buying green bananas
- Choose green bananas without soft spots and cracks.
- They should also feel firm. The skin may be a bit shiny and waxy.
Storing green bananas
- You can leave them at room temperature to ripen.
- But you can also refrigerate them if you want to keep them longer.
- If you plan on using it for later, then keep it in the fridge.
How to Puree Without a Blender
Green Banana Porridge Variations
Aside from using green bananas, you can also try ripe bananas for a sweeter flavor. Add in some milk and a sweetener and you’ll have another delicious porridge to serve to your family and friends.
If you love porridge, then I suggest cooking the following recipes:
- Plantain Porridge
- Green Plantain Porridge
- Banana Oatmeal Porridge for Babies
- Mango Porridge for Babies
- Water Yam Porridge
Aside from this recipe, you can also try:
- Knife: Peel and slice the fruit with a knife.
- Cutting board: Prepare the fruit on a clean cutting board.
- Blender: Puree the green bananas using a blender.
- Pot: Cook the porridge in a pot.
- Wooden spoon: Stir the dish to avoid lumps.
- Hand mixer: This is an alternative to a wooden spoon.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Serve Green Banana Porridge
Furthermore, you can pair this with other fresh fruits, nuts, and spices. Meanwhile, the best drink options include:
- At room temperature: Eat the Banana Porridge within two hours at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is banana and porridge healthy?
Yes, it is! Banana and porridge can aid digestion, weight loss, and blood sugar levels. It’s also naturally sweet and delicious. It is also suitable for your heart, kidneys, brain, and overall health.
Is porridge with banana and honey healthy?
Of course. Mixing banana and honey to make porridge is one of the best ways to enjoy something sweet and smooth without the extra calories. Even the honey has health benefits that can make the porridge better for your body and mind!
What are the benefits of drinking green banana porridge?
There are different benefits of having green banana porridge. For instance, you will have better digestion and metabolism because of the fiber and starch of the bananas.
It will also keep your heart healthy for a happy and active lifestyle every day. The porridge can also be helpful for losing weight loss even while enjoying something sweet and smooth.
What to put in porridge healthy?
There are many ways to make porridge healthy. Use fresh fruits like green bananas to make sure that you’re getting the nutrients that you need. You can top it up with some berries, nuts, or seeds.
Green Banana Porridge
- 3 green bananas
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- Prepare the green bananas. Peel the green bananas by slicing off the ends and along the ridges. Once peeled, cut them into thin slices. Then, blend the slices with water until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Cook it. Heat water in a pot over medium heat. Afterward, slowly pour in the blended banana while continuously mixing to avoid lumps. It will start to thicken after 5 minutes. You can also use a hand mixer. After 15 minutes, you can add in the maple syrup or other sweeteners of your choice. Transfer it into a bowl and enjoy it with fruits and other meals!
- Choose the freshest green bananas to release their natural and full flavors.
- Store this in the fridge or in the freezer and reheat it in the microwave.
- If you don’t have a blender, then use a food processor, masher, or grater.