Fruit Smoothies are excellent drinks to enjoy to start living healthy! Don’t delay your journey to a balanced lifestyle, try this beverage to start today!
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
This healthy tropical drink is nutrient-packed and easy to make in just 5 minutes, let’s get started.
How to Make Fruit Smoothie
You’ll surely relish this sweet, refreshing, and nutritious smoothie so here’s a complete guide on how you can do it at home!
What makes this smoothie healthy and delicious are the fresh and all-natural fruits you will use!
When it comes to flavor, mangoes are sweet, tart-like, and tropical. Mangoes are also juicy, stringy, and sometimes sour. Their flavor can definitely curb your craving for sweet desserts.
In terms of flavor, papayas have a subtle sweetness to them. They are juicy and the flesh is soft and smooth in texture. Papayas have vitamins and minerals to aid in heart health, digestion, inflammation reduction, and immunity.
To add potassium and fiber to the smoothie, use bananas as additional ingredients. Eating bananas regularly improves blood pressure, prevents asthma and cancer, promotes heart health, enhances memory, and boosts digestion.
Similar to other fruits in this recipe, passion fruits are sweet and tarty in flavor. Once opened, they emit a fruity and tropical aroma that makes them more appetizing.
For a touch of herbal flavor, add ginger to the recipe. Not only does it give a zingy and spicy flavor, but it is also great for your health.
The final ingredient is a dose of vitamin C from fresh orange juice. Not only can this boost your immunity, but it can even protect you against kidney stones, constipation, and unwanted weight gain.
These ingredients are truly perfect for a smoothie to kickstart your day! Nutritious, delicious, fresh, and absolutely hydrating! You won’t even believe making this smoothie recipe is easy.
- Rinse the fruits in warm water.
- Peel each fruit and use a knife to slice them into small pieces.
- Put the fruit slices in the blender and blend until you achieve your preferred smoothie consistency.
Yes, making this healthy, fruity, and juicy smoothie only takes two easy steps! This is a great on-the-go smoothie recipe for a busy day or for a gym session. I dare you to try this and see the amazing results that it can give you!
How to Select and Store Fruits
- According to the Fruits and Veggies Organization, give the mango a light squeeze; if it feels soft inside, it is likely to be ripe.
- You may also smell the mango around its stem because perfectly ripe mangoes have a sweet and fruity fragrance near the stem.
- On the other hand, if you have purchased unripe mangoes, you can wait for them to ripen at room temperature. Put them in paper bags and wait for up to two days until it ripens.
- If you will be using it at a later date, you can store it in the fridge to last up to 5 days or freeze it to last up to 6 months.
- Store sliced mangoes in resealable bags in the fridge to last up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Ripe papayas are yellow in color while those with touches of orange and yellow are overripe yet still edible.
- If the papaya is already orange in color, it is likely to be overripened.
- If you want to smell the papaya, it should have a scent that’s similar to melon but less fruity and tropical.
- Additionally, give the papaya a light squeeze and ripe papaya should yield to a bit of pressure.
- Store unripe papayas at room temperature to ripen over time. Alternatively, they can be put in paper bags with bananas to speed up the process.
- Ripe papayas should be stored in the fridge and consumed or used within 3 days.
- Meanwhile, sliced papayas can be placed in airtight containers or resealable bags to store in the fridge for 4 days or in the freezer for 10 months.
- If you need the bananas immediately, look for ones that are yellow with brown spots.
- The bananas should be vibrant yellow without bruises, cracks, or molds.
- Store bananas at room temperature and keep them away from direct sunlight.
- Unripe bananas are best stored at room temperature for natural ripening.
- When it comes to storing sliced bananas, drizzle them with a bit of lemon juice to minimize browning.
- Wrap them in cling film or aluminum foil and once sealed, put them in a resealable bag and refrigerate them to last up to 4 days.
- To freeze sliced bananas, add the lemon juice and half a teaspoon of ascorbic acid (if available) and place the slices in an airtight container or freezer bag to last up to 3 months.
- Choose ones that feel plump to the touch.
- Fully colored passion fruits with smooth skin are also likely to be ripe.
- In case you purchased an unripe passion fruit, simply leave it at room temperature away from sunlight.
- If you observe that the passion fruit skin is wrinkly, don’t worry then it’s still edible and perfectly ripe to use.
- Purple passion fruits are usually juice and even less acidic than the other variants.
- For unripe passion fruits, let them sit at room temperature until they change in color and texture.
- Once ripe, place them in the fridge to slow the ripening and last up to a week.
How to Make Pineapple Juice Cubes
- Peel the pineapple juice by chopping off the top and bottom portions with a knife.
- Then, run your knife through the skin to peel it.
- Slice the pineapple into half and continue slicing until you have pineapple chunks.
- To extract the juice, you can feed the pineapple chunks into a slow juicer to separate the flesh from the juice.
- Pour the juice into ice cube trays and wait for a few hours until frozen solid.
- Once frozen, pop them out of the ice cube trays and transfer them into a freezer bag to last up to a year.
How to Make Ginger Juice Cubes
There are several methods you can extract ginger juice. In all methods, make sure you have peeled the ginger with a spoon or knife.
You can slice the ginger into pieces and feed them into the slow juicer to separate the juice from the residue. Alternatively, blend it with a little bit of water and filter for a smooth consistency.
Moreover, you can use a grater to grate the peeled ginger and transfer it to a cheesecloth. Then, hold and tightly squeeze the cheesecloth over a bowl to extract the juice.
To make the ginger juice cubes, pour the juice into ice cube trays and wait until frozen solid. Then, transfer the cubes into a freezer bag to last up to 9 months.
How to Extract and Store Fresh Orange Juice
Oranges can be manually juiced by slicing them in halves and squeezing them as hard as you can over a bowl or glass. You can also press the orange halves into a juicer until fully extracted.
Alternatively, slice the oranges into quarters and put them in a blender with a bit of water. Use a blender to blend them together and filter with a fine-mesh sieve for a smooth consistency.
You can also put orange slices into a slow juicer to easily segregate the juice from the pulp and the seeds.
To store freshly extracted orange juice, you can pour it into an airtight bottle to be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. Orange juice can also be frozen in ice cube trays and preserved in a freezer bag to last up to 4 months in the freezer.
How to Make a Smoothie Without a Blender
You may not have access to a blender but you can still have a healthy fruit smoothie! One of the ways you can do this is by combining the sliced fruits with almond milk or other milk options in a jar.
Once the fruits are softened by the milk, transfer the contents into a bowl and use a whisk or masher to puree the fruits until you achieve the consistency of a smoothie.
You can also use a hand mixer, stand mixer, or immersion blender to make the smoothie without a blender.
Fruit Smoothie Variations
Since these fruits are healthy, fresh, and delicious, this smoothie recipe is perfect for vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free diets!
If you’re allergic to any of the fruit ingredients mentioned in the recipe, you can omit them without compromising the flavor or health benefits of the smoothie.
For instance, people with fruit allergies may not be medically suggested to consume oranges and bananas. For other smoothie recommendations, I recommend the following recipes:
- Blender: To make the smoothie, blend the ingredients together.
- Knife: Peel and slice the fruits using a clean and sharp knife.
- Cutting board: To prevent bacteria and contamination, slice the fruits on a sanitized chopping board.
- Glass: Pour the smoothie into a glass to serve.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
How to Serve a Fruit Smoothie
There is no better option than to start your day with a glass of this Easy and Healthy Smoothie. It’s refreshing, satiating, and satisfying even on an empty stomach. It is best served in the morning to give you energy throughout the day.
This fruit smoothie can also be consumed 30 minutes before or at least 10 minutes after a workout session to restore energy and soothe your bones and muscles.
It can also be served with any meal or snack, especially if you want to avoid the calories of processed beverages and sweet desserts. Moreover, fruit smoothies can also be consumed a few hours before sleeping to improve sleep quality.
To make the smoothie more appetizing, you can serve it with fresh fruits or berries on top to add a bit of color and flavor.
In case you like seeds with the smoothie, you can opt for chia seeds or flax seeds for more fiber. You can incorporate dairy or non-dairy milk, tea, or coconut water to add creaminess and flavor.
Here are some healthy recipes you can enjoy with this smoothie:
- At room temperature: Fruit smoothies are best consumed immediately after making them. At best, you can leave them at room temperature for 4 hours only.
Frequently Asked Questions
What fruits are best for smoothies?
EatingWell recommends using fruits such as mangoes, pineapples, bananas, peaches, melons, cherries, and apples to make smoothies.
Is drinking a fruit smoothie good for you?
Absolutely! This fruit smoothie recipe is extremely good for your health because of the fresh and natural ingredients that you used. Each ingredient is packed with, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help your overall health.
This drink can aid in burning fat, decreasing cravings, reducing the risk of acquiring diseases, boosting the immune system, improving skin health, detoxifying the body, boosting brain function, and enhancing memory.
It even keeps you hydrated, satiated, well-rested, and stress-free even on a busy and tiresome day. Moreover, many components can give you better digestion, smoother hair, stronger bones, and healthier teeth.
What should you put in a smoothie?
Start with one cup of fresh or frozen fruits and discover different fruit combinations that work well to your liking.
- 1 mango (ripe) diced
- ½ papaya (ripe) diced
- 1 banana ripe
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 7 frozen pineapple juice cubes (or 7 tbsp fresh pineapple juice)
- 1 frozen ginger cube (or 1 tbsp fresh ginger juice)
- Prepare the fruits. Rinse the fruits over warm water and ensure that they are still fresh and edible. Peel each fruit and use a clean knife to slice them into small pieces.
- Blend the sliced fruits. Put the fruit slices in the blender and blend until you achieve your preferred smoothie consistency. For a smoother finish, you can filter it using a fine-mesh sieve before serving.
- Limit yourself to a glass of this fruit smoothie every day.
- Mix it up with other ingredients to try new flavors.
- Don’t substitute this for a full meal and consume full meals to get a complete dose of needed nutrients.
- For a smoother finish, you can filter it using a fine-mesh sieve before serving.
- In case you don’t have access to a slow juicer, you can blend the pineapple chunks and sieve the juices for a smooth-textured juice.