Make your health and fitness journey fun by preparing these Peanut Butter Granola Bars! This recipe makes the breakfast, snack, or dessert during a busy week.
In fact, it only takes three ingredients and it’s a no-cook recipe!
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
You will certainly add this to your list of favorite healthy recipes. It is so delicious that you will crave for more!
How to Make Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Prepare easy and quick Peanut Butter Granola Bars in just minutes with this easy recipe. You don’t even need to cook it!
Here are my go-to foods for these healthy Peanut Butter Granola Bars:
Jumbo oats are great weight loss oats because they your stomach function better. I also suggest these for vegans and vegetarians who want to go on a diet.
Preparing meals with jumbo oats is a great way to start your day! If you love oats, then I suggest making Overnight Oats, Oats Breakfast Smoothie, and Classic Granola too.
Peanut butter is a paste usually used as a bread spread. It also has a smooth and thick texture that binds and shapes the oats together.
Moreover, this adds a nutty and mildly sweet flavor to make the bars yummier! You can also prepare Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake to pair with the Peanut Butter Granola Bars.
Honey is an organic and healthy sweetener that will give the granola bars a caramel taste and texture. It also helps mix the oats and peanut butter for easy storage.
Additionally, this is my go-to sweetener for Iced Tea and other desserts!
List these down to make tasty Peanut Butter Granola Bars that are good for you! They will surely have the best flavor and health benefits.
Let’s start making these Peanut Butter Granola Bars, shall we?
- Mix the peanut butter and honey with a spoon in a bowl.
- Stir in the honey until well mixed.
- Then, press the mixture into the granola bar mold.
- Cover it with parchment paper.
- Press it with a rolling pin.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 10 minutes or until firm.
Bite into the crunchy, nutty, and sweet goodness of the Peanut Butter Granola Bars. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your family and friends! Indeed, it’s a recipe worth sharing!
How to Store Jumbo Oats
- According to Simply Oatmeal, keep jumbo oats at room temperature for a long time.
- Once opened, transfer them into a container or resealable bag and place in a dark and dry area.
How to Make Peanut Butter
Roasting the peanuts improves the nutty and smokey taste of the nuts. You can also roast peanuts using the air fryer, frying pan, or oven!
Puree them into peanut butter using a food processor or blender until smooth. Meanwhile, you can use a mortar and pestle or grinder to turn them into butter.
Granola Bar Mold Alternatives
If you don’t have granola bar mold, then you can use other materials, such as:
- Ice cube trays
- Cupcake trays
- Loaf pan
- Cake tin
- Ice cream mold
- Chocolate mold
- Baking pan
- Silicone molds
Peanut Butter Granola Bars Variations
Aside from using jumbo oats, you can also use quinoa flakes or gluten-free oats. On the other hand, you may replace peanut butter with cashew butter or almond butter.
Happy Muncher also suggests Nutella, mashed bananas, or tahini to replace the peanut butter. Meanwhile, you can replace honey with maple syrup, brown sugar syrup, chocolate syrup, and more.
For more granola bar, I suggest adding:
- Dark Chocolate
- Chia seeds
- Dried fruits
- Desiccated coconut
- Bowl: Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon: Stir them using a spoon.
- Granola bar mold: Form the granola bars with a granola bar mold.
- Parchment paper: Cover the granola bars with parchment paper.
- Rolling pin: Press the mixture into the mold using a rolling pin.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Serve Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Peanut Butter Granola Bars make excellent meals for breakfast, snacks, or desserts. I especially suggest making this if you’re trying to cut down on sugary treats.
You can also enjoy this as a workout snack to give you more energy.
Enjoy your peanut butter granola bars with any of these recipes to give yourself a full meal:
Here are some drinks to go with your Peanut Butter Granola Bars:
- Chocolate Almond Milk
- Hibiscus Lemon Tea
- Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- Fruit Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake
- At room temperature: According to Once Upon a Chef, you can keep granola bars at room temperature for two weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
What helps granola bars stick together?
Use thick and sticky ingredients such as peanut butter and honey to bind them. Alternatively, mix the jumbo oats with maple syrup, agave, cashew butter, almond butter, and other substitutes.
Are granola bars healthy or unhealthy?
Granola bars are certainly healthy! They also have ingredients that help your stomach function better. Moreover, these will make you feel full for a long period of time.
However, remember to eat it in moderation.
Are granola bars okay for weight loss?
Of course! Granola bars are good weight loss food. They also have oats that are rich in fiber for your stomach. With added peanut butter in Peanut Butter Granola Bars, they will certainly help you lose weight!
Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 4 cups old-fashion rolled oats (jumbo oats)
- 2 cups peanut butter
- ¾ cup honey
- Make the granola mixture.First, combine the peanut butter and honey with a spoon until well incorporated. Mix the jumbo oats with the peanut butter-honey combination and stir.
- Prepare the bars.Put the mixture in the granola bar mold. Cover it with parchment paper and compress it with a rolling pin or hard object. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 10 minutes or until firm. Each bar weighs 2.8 oz/80g.
- Use alternative ingredients such as cashew butter, quinoa, almond butter, maple syrup, agave, chocolate syrup, and other binders.
- Ice cream molds, baking pans, and cupcake molds make great substitutes for granola bar molds.
- Consume granola bars in the morning for breakfast or snacks.