You deserve all of the best granola recipes in the world, so here’s a recipe for the best Chocolate Granola Bars ever!
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
You won’t be able to get enough of these Chocolate Granola Bars. Don’t forget to share it with your family and friends to get everyone started on a healthy yet fun lifestyle!
How to Make Chocolate Granola Bars
Isn’t it surprising how well granola and chocolate taste well together? You won’t have to deprive yourself of chocolates because mixing it with granola makes it absolutely yummy!
Are you ready to experience Chocolate Granola Bars in your home? Let’s get started!
What goes into the most delicious Chocolate Granola Bars?
There are many whole grain options you can use for granola, but in this recipe, I suggest using jumbo oats. They may taste bland, but you can make them exciting with toppings.
Jumbo oats can give the granola bars a crunchy and crisp texture. Aside from jumbo oats, you can also use rolled oats, quinoa, amaranth, and more.
Don’t be afraid of using milk chocolate for granola bars because it’s not always bad for your health. It will add a sweet and creamy flavor for a satisfying treat.
Milk chocolate also gives chewiness, especially when it melts into the mixture. According to Medical News Today, milk chocolate can be good for the brain, heart, and energy.
In this recipe, the honey will serve as a sweetener and binder. It has a caramelized, fruity, and floral flavor that goes well with the chocolate.
Just when you think the Chocolate Granola Bars can’t taste richer, let’s add vanilla extract to add a sweet, bitter, and jasmine taste. It also adds a wonderful aroma to the dish.
A little goes a long way, so remember to use it moderately. This works wonders for plenty of recipes, especially classic Vanilla Ice Cream that you can eat with these granola bars!
When it comes to nuts for your granola bars, the best options always include cashews and peanuts. They have a nutty, sweet, and buttery taste to make any dish better.
Aside from sweeteners, you will also need spices to make the granola bars taste better. In this recipe, it’s just as simple as adding sea salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
These spices are surely going to balance out the flavors of the dish. The granola bars will surely have the right mix of sweet, spicy, woody, and nutty flavors.
Make the granola bars as nutty as you want with the help of coconut oil. It will also make everything easier to stir and form when you shape them.
The Kitchn especially suggests adding fat to your granola recipes to get the right texture. You can use other kinds of oil that best suit your taste.
When it comes to Chocolate Granola Bars, you can never go wrong with these ingredients. Make every bite special by following this recipe!
This is how easy it is to make Chocolate Granola Bars at home:
- Add oats, sea salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Mix in the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the mixture with a spatula until well-mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 150º C for ten minutes.
- Evenly spread the mixture on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Mix and turn the granola halfway through the baking time.
- Then, set it aside to cool.
- In a large glass bowl, melt the milk chocolate.
- Add the granola, cashews, and peanuts to the melted chocolate.
- Stir everything together until fully coated.
- Add the granola mixture to the granola bar mold.
- Compress it with a spoon or a rolling pin.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for five minutes or until set.
- Take the granola bars from the mold.
- Enjoy every bite of these Chocolate Granola Bars!
When you’re craving healthy food, grab a granola bar and enjoy!
Combine your love for chocolates into your lifestyle with delicious healthy treats like these Chocolate Granola Bars! It doesn’t have to be a guilty pleasure anymore because you can eat it with power foods!
One of the best ways to upgrade your Chocolate Granola Bars is to toast the oats first. If you don’t have an oven, then you can pre-cook the jumbo oats on the stove.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Then, grease it with butter or a bit of oil.
- Toss the jumbo oats and let them heat up for about two minutes.
- Mix until they turn golden brown.
Here’s how you can make your own milk chocolate at home:
- Place a bowl over a pot of water.
- Melt half a cup of coconut butter or coconut oil over medium heat.
- Mix ⅓ cup of cocoa powder, three tablespoons of milk powder, and ¾ cup of sugar.
- Then, stir the mixture for five minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the chocolate mold or ice cube tray.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Store it in the freezer until ready for use!
Chocolate Granola Bars Variations
The great thing about making granola bars is customizing them according to your liking. For instance, you can also try dark chocolate or white chocolate instead of milk chocolate.
For the nuts, you can use pine nuts or almond nuts as well. In case of nut allergies, replace the nuts with seeds like chia seeds, sesame seeds, or pumpkin seeds.
Coconut oil can also be replaced with butter and alternative binding ingredients for more flavor. To intensify the nutty flavors, incorporate desiccated coconut as well.
- Bowl: Prepare the granola mixture in a glass bowl.
- Spatula: Mix the contents using a spatula.
- Granola bar mold: Freeze the granola in a mold.
- Parchment paper: Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Oven: Bake the oats mixture in the oven.
- Baking tray: Spread the mixture on a baking tray.
- Spoon: Compress the granola into the mold.
- Resealable bag: Use these to store the granola bars.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Serve Chocolate Granola Bars
Here are some dishes and drinks to pair with granola bars:
- Avocado Banana Milkshake
- Watermelon Cubes
- Chocolate Almond Milk
- Plantain Porridge
- Pineapple Pomegranate Juice
- Belly Fat Burner Smoothie
- At room temperature: Chocolate granola bars can be kept for several days if you keep them in a container or resealable bag.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are chocolate granola bars healthy?
Yes, they are. However, remember to limit your intake. Moreover, use healthy food to make them fit your diet.
Chocolate Granola Bars can be good for your weight loss, energy, bones, blood pressure, physical activity, brain function, and overall health.
Is it okay to eat granola bars every day?
Yes, you can eat granola bars every day. However, limit your intake to two granola bars. Always balance your diet with a proper meal to get full nutrients.
Are dark chocolate granola bars healthy?
Dark chocolate granola bars are definitely healthy for you. Adding chocolate to your food isn’t always a bad thing. In fact, chocolate can promote brain function, mental health, and weight loss too!
What is chocolate granola made of?
It depends entirely on your taste. In this recipe, I used jumbo oats, milk chocolate, honey, vanilla extract, spices, coconut oil, and nuts.
Chocolate Granola Bars
- 5 cups jumbo oats
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil (or olive oil, or sunflower oil)
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups milk chocolate (or dark chocolate, or white chocolate)
- ½ cup raw cashew nuts
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- Prepare the granola mixture. Add oats, sea salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a large mixing bowl. Mix until incorporated.
- Then, add vanilla extract, coconut oil, and honey. Mix until well combined.
- Bake the oats.Preheat the oven to 150º C for 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the oats evenly on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Mix and turn the granola halfway through the baking time. Set it aside to cool.
- Prepare the granola. In a large glass bowl, melt the milk chocolate. Incorporate the roasted peanuts, raw cashew, and granola in melted chocolate, and mix until well coated.
- Add the granola mixture into the granola bar mold, and compress it with a spoon or a rolling pin.
- Refrigerate (or freeze) it. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes (or freezer for 5 minutes), or until set. Take the granola bars from the mold, put them in a resealable bag, and refrigerate.
- When you’re craving something healthy, grab a granola bar and enjoy!
- Replace the ingredients with more preferred dried fruits, seasoning, and more!
- Aside from milk chocolate, you may also opt for dark chocolate or white chocolate.