Relish an extraordinary dessert even on your diet without feeling guilty about it by preparing these Almond Chocolate Chip Cupcakes. With chocolate goodness and almond flavor, it’ll give you the best experience!
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
Bake it to perfection every time you get it for celebrations to serve more family-friendly dishes for your loved ones!
How to Make Almond Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Satisfy your healthy sweet tooth cravings by making this simple, affordable, and quick almond chocolate chip cupcake recipe!
Almonds are great ingredients for cupcakes not just because of the flavor they provide but also because of their life-changing benefits.
They can protect your body from the effects of stress, aging, and cancer. When it comes to culinary value, I love using almonds for Chocolate Almond Milk Drink, Granola, and Almond Oil!
It contains antioxidants that can with heart health, blood circulation, energy, and stress relief. Aside from using chocolate chips for Chocolate Cake, you can now use them for cupcakes too!
Flour is needed to enable the batter to cook and become light and fluffy from the inside out. It also helps the cupcake form a better structure.
Eggs are helpful in achieving a moist and chewy consistency for cupcakes. These can also be secondary leavening agents to pair with the baking powder.
This is a powerful leavening agent that allows the cupcake to rise and become airy. Baking powder also contributes to the flaky and chewy texture of the pastry.
For an added creamy and buttery flavor, add melted butter. It helps with the consistency and even the fragrance of the cupcakes. Butter can also escalate the quality of the dessert.
Seasoning and garnish
To balance the flavors and the leavening agents, incorporate a bit of salt into the recipe. Also, incorporate cane sugar to add more sweetness if preferred.
Meanwhile, use chocolate chips or almond flakes to compliment the pastry’s natural flavors.
Now that you have your ingredients, it’s time to prepare and bake!
One of the keys to making savory cupcakes is to make the batter better so here are the steps you need to do from the batter to the oven.
- Use a whisk or a hand mixer to beat the eggs.
- Add the cane sugar in 4 portions.
- Filter the flour, baking powder, and sea salt into a sieve and sprinkle it on the wet ingredients.
- Use a spatula to fold the bottom part of the batter onto the top and repeat the same process.
- Mix in the ground almonds so that they will be infused into the base of the cupcake. Set the mixture aside.
- Gently combine the butter and a decent amount of the almond batter in a bowl.
- Combine the butter-infused almond batter with the larger batter.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Use a scooper to put a considerable amount of cupcake batter into the cupcake molds.
- Sprinkle almonds and chocolate chips on top to garnish.
- Preheat your oven to 150°C to 160°C for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bake the cupcakes at 150°C for 20 minutes or until baked all the way through.
Ta-da! You have yourself the best and healthiest almond chocolate chip cupcakes!
How to Make Better Cupcakes
- Remember to preheat your oven.
- Use quality ingredients. No matter why you’re baking or who you’re baking it for, you would always want to make it the best batch of cupcakes.
- Don’t overmix the batter. The more and longer you mix, the more gluten in the flour will form.
- Control the amount of batter you place onto the cupcake molds.
- Use a scooper or a spoon to measure the batter. If the molds are unevenly filled with batter, they may be overcooked or undercooked.
How to Make Cupcakes Without an Oven
Instead of baking them in the oven, you can try to bake them in the microwave. Use microwavable cupcake molds.
Set the machine to the maximum level and let it cook for at least 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
Alternatively, use a heavy-duty casserole with a wire rack inside. Preheat it over medium heat for at least 5 minutes. Arrange the cupcake molds on the wire rack.
Seal the opening of the pot with aluminum foil or cover it with the lid. Let it cook for about 8 minutes or until baked from the inside out.
How to Check the Cupcakes for Doneness
The easiest way to check if a cupcake is baked is if you press down on it and the cupcake bounces back completely, it’s ready to be taken out. Nevertheless, if there’s a dent from where you pressed it, it needs more oven time.
Another technique to test doneness is by using a toothpick. Stick the toothpick into the baked goods. If it’s dry when removed, it’s ready but if it’s still wet, place it back in the oven for another five minutes.
In case you have dietary preferences, you can always use alternative ingredients to customize the recipe to your nutritional needs.
For instance, you can use gluten-free flour in place of plain flour. Yeast can also be a substitute for baking powder. If you’re not fond of regular chocolate, you can opt for dark chocolate instead.
However, note that altering the recipe may lead to changes in the baking time, flavor, and texture.
- Whisk or mixer: Mix the ingredients with a whisk or mixer.
- Cupcake molds: Bake the batter in molds to form the proper shape.
- Cupcake tray: Use this tool to maintain structure.
- Sieve: Filter the dry components to avoid lumps.
- Scooper: Apportion the batter into the cupcake molds.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
How to Serve Almond Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Before serving, let’s upgrade your cupcakes with simple steps and pairings!
To complete the meal, you can serve the cupcakes with delicious and nutritious beverages such as:
You can enjoy an Almond Chocolate Chip Cupcake for breakfast, snacks, or desserts! According to Healthy Eating, it is best to limit your intake to one serving.
- At room temperature: You may only leave them at room temperature for a day.
- In the fridge: Place the cupcakes in an airtight container to refrigerate for up to two days.
- To freeze: Individually wrap them in aluminum foil or cling film and store them in freezer bags to freeze for several weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the secret to good cupcakes?
There are a lot of things to consider when making cupcakes but if you follow the recipe and go with your instincts, you can make the best ones.
Always preheat your oven and do not overmix the batter.
What is the difference between a cupcake and a muffin?
Cupcakes and muffins are prepared differently. For muffins, the batter is made by combining the wet and dry ingredients at once. On the other hand, cupcake batters require a certain process and order.
Cupcakes are also softer and tender compared to muffins which tend to be dense.
What is the secret to a moist cupcake?
Do not overmix your batter to preserve the air bubbles in the batter as it bakes.
Almond Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- ½ cup cane sugar (or any sugar of your choice)
- ¾ cup ground almond
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cups plain Flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs baking powder
- ⅔ cup butter (melted)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp almond flakes
- 2 tbsp milk chocolate chips
- Prepare the wet ingredients.Use a whisk or a hand mixer to beat the eggs. Continue mixing as you add the cane sugar in 4 portions. Keep beating them together until the batter is in its ribbon stage or when the batter is foam-like and thick.
- Sieve the other dry ingredients.Pour the flour, baking powder, and sea salt into a sieve and sprinkle it on the wet ingredients. By sieving, the lumps can be broken up and incorporated into the batter.
- Combine the wet and dry batter.The proper way to mix them is by folding them together until well combined. Use a spatula to fold the bottom part of the batter onto the top and repeat the same process.
- Add in the ground almonds.Once your batter is prepared, you can mix in the ground almonds so that it will be infused in the base of the cupcake. It’s bestto combine it at this stage to distribute the flavor. Set the mixture aside.
- Incorporate the butter intothe batter.Gently combine the butter and a decent amount ofthe almond batter in a bowl. After mixing them together, combine them with thelarger batter.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.Once the batter is ready, mix in the chocolatechips for a touch of sweetness for every bite. Distribute the chocolate chipsevenly without overmixing.
- Prepare for baking.Scoop in a considerable amount of cupcake batterinto the cupcake cases or molds. For measurement purposes, a scoop is 3 to 4tablespoons. Sprinkle almonds and chocolate chips on top forappearance and a burst of flavor.
- Bake the cupcakes.Preheat your oven to 150°C to 160°C for 20 to 30minutes before putting in your cupcake batter. Once in the oven, bake them at150°C for 20 minutes or until baked all the way through. The easiest way to check if a cupcake is baked isif you press down on it and the cupcake bounces back completely, it’s ready tobe taken out. If there’s a dent from where you pressed it, it needs more oventime. Another technique to test doneness is by using atoothpick. Stick the toothpick into the cupcake. If it’s dry when removed, it’sready but if it’s still wet, place it back in the oven for another fiveminutes.