From now on, you don’t have to choose between bread and pizza because you can combine them into one meal! It has the crusty goodness of the bread and the delicious toppings of a pizza.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
This Bread Pizza is the perfect Italian twist you’ve been waiting for. It will surely be one of the most in-demand snacks for special celebrations and weekend meals!
How to Make Bread Pizza
Making a pizza usually requires time and elbow grease, but today, you don’t need any of it! It’s so easy to make that you can even ask kids to help you make it. Isn’t it so fun?
Wholemeal sliced bread
Bread is one of the best breakfast foods because it contains nutrients and vitamins to energize you for the day! It’ll make you feel full for a longer period, which makes it helpful for weight loss.
This type of bread supports digestion, heart health, and metabolism. Wholemeal sliced bread is also a great alternative to white loaf. It pairs well with eggs, avocados, chicken, sauces, and more!
This red and luscious condiment is sweet in flavor. It aids in cancer prevention, heart function, and immunity. Ketchup also contains antioxidants and lycopene for overall health and nutrition.
For that meaty and smokey flavor, incorporate hotdogs into the recipe. This ingredient also adds a foreign and juicy texture to the pizza. It aids in muscle growth and brain function!
To achieve a mouthwatering melted cheese effect, use mozzarella cheese! It has the perfect mix of sweet, salty, and sour flavors. Its milky and elastic texture is also perfect for imitating the cheesiness of real pizza!
Can you already taste the fusion of flavors and textures from this effortless bread pizza? It is absolutely perfect for a quick breakfast meal or a satisfying snack. Are you ready to make it? Let’s go!
Practice this pizza hack by practicing these simple steps:
- Slice the hotdogs into bite-size pieces.
- Grate the mozzarella cheese to allow it to melt easily.
- Smear the bread slices with ketchup and arrange them on a lined tray.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese and distribute the slices of hotdogs on top.
- In a preheated oven, let the dish cook at 220°C for 8 to 10 minutes or until the toppings are cooked.
- Once done, transfer them onto a plate and dig in!
Isn’t this the easiest pizza recipe you’ve ever made? It has crusty bread, heavenly cheese, juicy hotdogs, and savory ketchup! Drizzle it with your favorite sauce, and you’ve got yourself a sumptuous meal!
How to Keep Wholemeal Bread Fresh
- Always check the expiration date when buying bread, especially if you plan on using it for the next few weeks.
- Ensure it is free from molds, holes, or insects for safe consumption.
- According to Epicurious, use good quality breadbox to store it.
- Alternatively, you can freeze bread by wrapping it in resealable freezer bags. Frozen bread can last up to three months.
- Moreover, you can enclose the slice in foil or cling film to store it at room temperature for more than a week.
How to Make Ketchup
- To formulate your ketchup, you need tomato paste, vinegar, and preferred seasonings.
- Simply combine your ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spatula until well incorporated.
- Some of the ketchup’s most popular herbs and spices include sugar, black pepper, cayenne, allspice, and dried oregano.
- Put the ketchup in jars to refrigerate for three weeks or freeze for six months.
Homemade Tomato Paste
If you want to make it the healthiest ketchup, you can make your own tomato paste! Prepare tomatoes, salt, and olive oil. Boil the chopped tomatoes in a pot until softened and reduced.
Mash the boiled tomatoes with a food mill, blender, or food processor. Once you achieve a puree, let it simmer in a pot over high heat with the salt and oil. Stir to prevent burning.
To store, pour it into a glass jar for up to 4 weeks in the fridge and up to 9 months in the freezer. To freeze, pour it over ice cube trays, and once frozen solid, transfer them into freezer bags.
Alternative Pizza Sauce Recipe
As a substitute for ketchup, try this more flavorful pizza sauce recipe. Start by slicing and deseeding the tomatoes. Combine it with herbs and spices such as olive oil, paprika, and onion granules and blend until smooth.
Follow a more detailed guide to making your no-cook pizza sauce or rich and thick pizza sauce to make it count! I highly recommend it for Chicken Pizza and Pizza Margherita – delicious!
How to Select and Store Hotdogs
Selection. Select healthy hotdog variants without nitrates, byproducts, or fillers. You may also check if the ingredients used are natural and synthetic-free to ensure food safety.
Storage. Refrigerate the unopened hotdogs immediately. Once opened, use them within three days or store them in resealable bags. Freeze the hotdogs to last up to several weeks.
How to Grate Mozzarella Cheese Without a Grater
In case you don’t have a grater, you can also use a food processor on a low setting. Moreover, you can use a mandoline, zester, or peeler to shred the cheese. You can also slice it into thin pieces with a knife.
How to Cook Bread Pizza Without an Oven
Without an oven, you can make this with other available methods!
On a pan
Pre-cook the hotdogs before putting them on the bread pizza. To cook the pizza, brush the pizza pan with butter or oil. Cook at least one bread pizza at a time, depending on how large your pan is.
Assemble the dish on the pan, and once done, cover it with a lid and let it cook over low heat until the cheese melts.
In a preheated air fryer, let the bread pizza cook at 165°C for about 8 minutes or until the cheese melts and the hotdog cooks.
How to Reheat Bread Pizza
You can reheat the pizza in the oven at 170°C for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts. Alternatively, heat it on the stove for a few minutes to restore crispiness. The simplest method is to microwave it until hot.
Bread Pizza Variations
If some of these ingredients are not suited for your diet, you can always use alternatives available to you. For instance, purchase lactose-free cheese or try other lactose-safe cheeses such as soy, almond, or rice.
For a vegetarian version, you can use spinach, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, artichokes, kale, zucchini, olives, and more! Meanwhile, hotdog alternatives include ground beef, shredded chicken, or vegan hotdogs.
- Grater: Use a grater to shred the cheese.
- Knife: Slice the hotdogs or cheese with a knife and smear the ketchup on the bread.
- Spatula: Remove the bread pizza from the baking tray with a spatula
- Oven: Cook the bread pizza in the oven.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Serve Bread Pizza
This is best served any time of the day, especially if you’re looking for a quick breakfast or snack. Even on a busy day, you can prepare this in a few minutes You may even drizzle it with your preferred sauces!
It is perfectly paired with Spaghetti, Chicken Wings, Coleslaw, Tortilla Wrap, and more. Instead of consuming it with soda, opt for healthy juices for a balanced meal.
Limit your bread pizza intake to about one piece per day. It is absolutely delicious and healthy in its way, but too much of anything may be harmful to your health.
- At room temperature: Bread pizza must be consumed within 2 hours at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Bread Pizza healthy?
Yes, it is! It rids you of the gluten from pizza dough and replaces it with nutritious and filling wholemeal bread. You can even customize it to your liking by adding ingredients such as vegetables.
You can also make your pizza sauce or ketchup for a healthy alternative.
Why is the pizza bread soggy?
This problem may be brought about by putting too much ketchup or pizza sauce. Smear enough on top of the bread to keep it crisp and crunchy.
Can you also make your bread?
Of course, you can! In fact, I have the perfect bread recipe for you. You can opt for soft bread or even this glorious no-oven bread recipe. This feat requires more effort and time, but I can assure you that it will be worth it!
Bread Pizza (Pizza Toast)
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 2 hotdogs (sliced)
- mozzarella cheese (grated)
- Prepare the ingredients. Slice the hotdogs into bite-size pieces. Grate the mozzarella cheese to allow it to melt easily.
- Assemble the bread pizza. Line the baking tray with parchment paper. Arrange the slices of bread on the tray. Smear each slice of bread with ketchup.Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese and distribute the slices of hotdogs on top.
- Bake it. In a preheated oven, let the dish cook at 220°C for 8 to 10 minutes or until the toppings are cooked. Once done, transfer them onto a plate and dig in!
- To make it the healthiest bread pizza yet, make your ketchup or bread.
- You can cook this in an oven, on a pan, or in an air fryer.
- You may substitute the ingredients for alternatives that are best suited for your diet.
- Bread is not recommended for refrigeration as it can easily become stale.