Give your classic Italian pizza recipe a twist by incorporating juicy, flavorful, and tender chicken! It’s the perfect celebration and weekend meal for you and your family.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
This quick and easy pizza will be ready in no time. Even the novice chef can master the art of pizza with this foolproof, simple step-by-step guide.
How to Make Chicken Pizza
The great thing about this Chicken Pizza is I can teach you how to make everything from scratch!
Sliced chicken chunks can make excellent pizza toppings, so use your leftover roasted chicken for this pizza recipe. I promise you won’t regret it.
Dry yeast mixture
Combine water, dry yeast, and sugar for an effective leavening agent. Water helps with the moisture while the sugar reacts with the dry yeast, allowing the dough to rise.
I use yeast for recipes that need a light and airy quality, such as Puff Puff, No-Oven Bread, and Donuts!
Plain flour will be used as the base for the pizza dough. Using the right kind of flour matters for the overall result. It is seasoned with sea salt and olive oil for flavor and moisture.
This can be a staple ingredient for fluffy delicacies like Banana Bread, Coconut Egg Rolls, and Almond Chocolate Chip Cupcakes!
Of course, you can never forget the classic pizza topping, mozzarella cheese. It has a beautiful melting effect that will make the pizza more appetizing.
Mozzarella cheese instantly escalates the quality of dishes, especially when used for Breakfast Sandwich, Pizza Margherita, and Bread Pizza!
Pizza sauce will serve as a barrier between the dough and the toppings. It provides acidity for a more balanced flavor. You can prepare a No-Cook Pizza Sauce or a Quick Pizza Sauce recipe for a more natural flavor!
Garlic-infused olive oil
Brushing the dough with garlic-infused olive oil improves the crust and overall texture and gives the dish a slightly pungent and aromatic.
Topping the pizza with red onion can make it fragrant and slightly sweet in flavor. This can even give the dish a slight crunch to it.
Green jalapenos are unripe, while red ones are ripe. Ripe ones are spicy, whereas green jalapenos have a sweet taste to them.
Trust me; these simple ingredients can help you transform a homemade recipe into an unforgettable Italian experience!
- In a bowl, combine water, dry yeast, and sugar. Set it aside to activate the leavening mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift plain flour and sea salt.
- Create a hole in the middle and pour in the activated yeast.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and stir together until you form a dough.
- Dust a clean surface with flour and knead the dough for 10 minutes or until it becomes smooth and silky.
- Grease the pizza tray or baking tray with oil.
- Place the dough in the middle of the tray and spread it with your hands to fit it.
- Brush the dough with garlic-infused oil.
- Then, spread the sauce before topping it with mozzarella cheese, red onion, sweet pepper, green jalapeno pepper, red jalapeno pepper, and roasted or grilled chicken chunks.
- Place it in a preheated oven at 220C for 10 minutes.
- Once fully cooked, remove it from heat, allow it to cool, and serve!
Let me know how your Chicken Pizza turned out! Is it as delicious as you expected it to be? Send in a photo or a comment to share your experience!
How to Make and Store Pizza Dough
While there is store-bought pizza dough in groceries, you can never underestimate the benefits of making your pizza dough at home.
- First, you must activate your yeast mixture by combining water, dry yeast, and sugar in a bowl.
- Set this aside to allow the ingredients to react together.
- Mix plain flour or all-purpose flour with olive oil and salt before mixing in the yeast mixture.
- You can use a stand mixer with a kneading attachment for 5 minutes or knead it by hand within 10 minutes on a lightly floured surface.
- Let the dough rest in a lightly greased bowl and cover it with cling film or aluminum foil.
- Allow it to double in size within an hour and a half.
- To store, mold the dough into a ball and coat it with oil before vacuum-sealing it in a plastic bag or container.
- Freeze it for up to three months, and once ready to use, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, allow it to rest at room temperature before molding.
- For next-day pizza making, place the wrapped dough in the refrigerator and leave it at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before use.
How to Make Pizza Sauce
To make your own Pizza Sauce, you will need tomatoes, red onions, olive oil, sea salt, smoked paprika, oregano, fresh basil, pepper, and sugar.
- Blend the tomatoes and red onion in a blender.
- Then, preheat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and saute the remaining chopped red onion.
- Season it with herbs and spices for a minute.
- Then, pour the blended tomatoes and red onion and cook it for 5 minutes.
- For the finishing touch, sprinkle chopped fresh basil on top.
To store, put the pizza sauce in an airtight container and refrigerate it to last up to a week or in freezer bags to extend shelf life to several weeks or months.
There’s even a No-Cook Pizza Sauce that you can try out! Whichever you choose will result in a delicious dish.
How to Prepare and Preserve Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- According to For The Love of Cooking, you can make your garlic-infused oil by sauteeing about four cloves of garlic in ¾ cup of olive oil for about 30 minutes.
- You can filter the combination or mince the garlic for a stronger flavor and improved texture.
- Store it by pouring it into an airtight container and refrigerating or freezing. This can last at least one month.
Cooking Chicken Pizza Without an Oven
If you don’t have access to an oven, here are several options to try to cook your pizza.
- To cook pizza on the stovetop, you must substitute the dry yeast mixture with self-raising flour.
- Prepare the other ingredients as instructed in this recipe and mold the pizza dough into a flat frying pan.
- Cook it over medium fire for up to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Grease the air fryer basket with oil and shape the pizza dough according to the size of the basket.
- Preheat the air fryer to 190°C and pre-cook the dough for 3 minutes.
- Then, assemble it with the toppings and cook for another 7 minutes or until the crust becomes crispy.
Chicken Pizza Variations
Pizza recipes are highly customizable. Hence, you can substitute ingredients in this recipe for other foods of your choice!
For instance, mozzarella cheese can be replaced with cheddar, parmesan, gouda, ricotta, or provolone cheese. If you don’t want to add cheese, you can use pesto sauce, spinach, mushrooms, or even tofu.
Meanwhile, chicken pizza toppings can include pepperoni, bacon, olives, beef, ham, pork, pineapple, and other ingredients. However, remember not to include too many moist or watery ingredients to prevent it from becoming soggy.
On the other hand, chicken pizza sauce can be substituted with Spaghetti Sauce, barbecue sauce, pesto, garlic-infused oil, marinara, and other condiments. Do not overdo the sauce for longer shelf life.
I recommend this Pizza Bread recipe if you don’t have pizza dough. I highly suggest recreating my Pizza Margherita recipe using simpler ingredients for other pizza flavors.
- Pizza tray: Shape the dough and assemble the pizza with the train as the mold.
- Wooden spatula: Stir the dry yeast mixture with a wooden spatula.
- Fine mesh sieve: Filter the dry ingredients of the dough using this tool.
- Glass bowls: Prepare ingredients in glass bowls for organized cooking.
- Ladle or spoon: Pour and spread the pizza sauce on the dough with a spoon or a ladle.
- Pizza cutter: Slice pizza using this equipment before serving.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
How to Serve Chicken Pizza
Chicken Pizza is best served whenever you plan on having your family and friends over. It is normally served in triangular slices, but you can also do it in squares for more servings.
You can enjoy it with:
Limit your chicken pizza intake to about two slices every other week. According to Romper, babies aged one year old can eat pizza but note that you need to use baby-friend ingredients only.
- At room temperature: According to the United States Department of Agriculture, pizza is best consumed within 2 hours.
Reheat refrigerated or frozen pizza on a pan over medium heat until the crispiness is restored. You can also pop it in the oven at 260°C for about 10 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is pizza good with chicken?
Definitely! According to New York Pizza, chicken is one of the best toppings for pizza because of its natural flavor, aroma, and juicy texture. It is also a nutritious and protein-rich element that you will enjoy.
Do you need to cook the chicken before putting it on the pizza?
Yes, it’s recommended to cook the chicken before topping it on the pizza. The cooking time for pizza won’t be sufficient to cook the chicken thoroughly. I recommend using the leftover chicken to prevent food wastage and maximize cooked chicken flavor.
Is chicken a traditional pizza topping?
It is not a common pizza topping, but it is certainly something you should try.
For the dough
- ⅔ cup water (warm)
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cup plain flour
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
For the toppings
- 1¾ cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- ¼ cup pasta sauce
- ½ tsp olive oil (garlic-infused)
- ¼ red onion (small-sized)
- mixed jalapeño pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup roasted/ grilled chicken (diced)
- Prepare the yeast. In a bowl, combine water, dry yeast, and sugar. Set it aside to activate the leavening mixture.
- Make the pizza base. In a separate bowl, sift plain flour and sea salt. Create a hole in the middle and pour in the activated yeast. Add extra virgin olive oil and stir together until you form a dough. Dust a clean surface with flour and knead the dough for 10 minutes or until it becomes smooth and silky.
- Assemble the pizza. Grease the pizza tray or baking tray with oil. Place the dough in the middle of the tray and spread it out with your hands to fit the tray. Brush the dough with garlic-infused oil. Then, spread the sauce before topping it with mozzarella cheese, red onion, sweet pepper, green jalapeno pepper, red jalapeno pepper, and grilled chicken chunks. Place it in a preheated oven at 220C for 10 minutes. Once fully cooked, remove it from heat, allow it to cool, and serve!
- Prepare your dough properly and store it for long-term use.
- Feel free to cook it with substitute ingredients.
- It can be cooked in the oven, on the stovetop, or in an air fryer.