Breakfast Sandwich recipe in 10 minutes? Yes, it’s seriously loaded with an awesome filling. It’s also quick and easy to prepare! Start your day by making this Breakfast Sandwich to enjoy.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
This recipe also teaches you a new way to prepare a sandwich with all the yummy fillings! Your mornings will surely be a lot brighter with this meal.
Put your bread to good use by cooking it for breakfast or brunch, even on a busy day!
How to Make a Breakfast Sandwich
Indeed, ten minutes is all you need to relish this healthy and delicious breakfast sandwich!
Every sandwich recipe starts with good-quality bread. In this dish, the bread holds the filling together. Once cooked, it will have a crusty texture that pairs well with the creaminess inside.
You can use store-bought bread, but I also have homemade bread recipes for you. I always ensure we have bread because I often use it for Bread Pizza, French Toast, and an Egg and Cheese Sandwich!
The eggs bind the vegetables to the bread for a full sandwich. These also give moisture for a tender and light texture. Moreover, adding eggs is a great way to get protein for your body.
For more egg recipes, I suggest cooking Scotch Eggs, Boiled Eggs, and Egg Rolls, which you can prepare for breakfast.
Give the sandwich a smokey and meaty quality by adding chicken hot dogs. It also balances the vegetables in this recipe and adds a tremendous flavor that’s perfect for meat lovers!
I also use these for Crispy Hot Dogs, Yam Frittata, and Sausage Rolls!
Bell peppers are healthy, aromatic, and delicious vegetables that can instantly improve your dish. Moreover, this recipe uses yellow and orange bell peppers for sweetness and green bell peppers for mild earthiness.
Pair the bell peppers with sweet red peppers for a burst of flavor and color at every bite. It also has a fruity and mildly sweet taste that radiates throughout the filling.
A bit of red onion can add a slight spice to the sandwich for a well-balanced flavor. This ingredient’s vibrant color and nice aroma can also leave you wanting more.
Make the breakfast sandwich special with mozzarella cheese for a sweet, salty taste and milky consistency. It also seals in the filling to keep the sandwich together.
Further improve the meal by seasoning the filling with mixed herbs, chives, all-purpose seasoning, garlic powder, and sea salt. These spices are guaranteed to intensify the overall taste of the filling.
Butter or oil
Get the right crunchy and flaky texture of the sandwich by cooking it in a bit of butter or oil. Basting these ingredients over the bread can also keep it crisp and flavor as it cooks without burning the bread.
Have you tried a sandwich recipe with these ingredients before? Trust the process, and you’ll be thankful that you did. In fact, this might even be the best Breakfast Sandwich yet!
The 10-minute timer starts now!
Prepare the bread and filling
- Use a knife to dice the onion, bell peppers, and chicken hotdog.
- Stack the bread slices and carve the crust with a knife. Set the centerpieces aside.
- Mix the eggs, bell peppers, onion, and chicken hotdog in a jug or bowl.
- Season the contents with mixed herbs, all-purpose seasoning, chives, garlic powder, and sea salt.
Cook the sandwich
- Place the bread crust on a greased frying pan over low heat.
- Pour the filling mixture into the bread crust gap.
- Allow it to cook for 2 minutes on low fire.
- Shred the cheese with a grater and add it on top.
- Place the centerpieces on top of the cheese. Lightly compress it with a turner.
- Butter the bread pieces on top and flip the bread to the other side.
- Cover and cook further for 2 to 3 minutes or until done.
- Butter the top side with a pastry brush.
- Flip it over and brush the top with butter too.
- Remove the sandwich from the heat and serve it on a plate!
Slice into the sandwich, and you will experience how colorful, fragrant, and delicious it is from the inside out! It’s the perfect Breakfast Sandwich to pair with your favorite drinks and juices.
It is certainly the perfect meal to start your day!
How to Make and Store Bread
- Bread dough is commonly made of flour, yeast sugar, nutmeg, milk powder, egg, sea salt, water, and salted butter.
- It is usually baked in the oven.
- However, I also have a no-oven bread recipe and an air fryer bread recipe you can try.
- Insider suggests storing the bread in slices in cling film, resealable bags, or airtight containers.
- Furthermore, the bread can be stored at room temperature for up to four days or in the freezer for several weeks or months.
Storing chicken hotdogs
- Immediately store unopened hotdog packages in the fridge to refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- Once opened, use them within a week.
- Otherwise, pack them in freezer bags to freeze for several weeks or months.
How to Buy and Store Bell Pepper and Sweet Peppers
- The bell and sweet peppers should have colorful and shiny colors.
- Ensure that the stems are still attached to preserve them for longer.
- They should feel heavy for their size.
- Peppers can also be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days and refrigerated in resealable bags to prolong shelf life.
Breakfast Sandwich Variations
For the bread, you can use different varieties available. For instance, the recipe can be made with white bread and wheat bread as substitutes. Meanwhile, chicken hotdogs can be replaced with mackerel, turkey, chicken, or other ingredients.
On the other hand, the filling can be prepared with tomatoes, spinach, chili, and other vegetables that can be mixed with eggs. The seasoning is also customizable, depending on how savory you want the sandwich.
Always make your Breakfast Sandwich with your favorite ingredients for a special meal!
- Frying pan: Cook the breakfast sandwich in a frying pan.
- Knife: Chop the ingredients with a knife.
- Jug or bowl: Prepare the filling mixture in a jug or bowl.
- Grater: Shred the cheese with a grater.
- Turner: Flip the sandwich onto the other side using a turner.
- Pastry brush: Baste the bread with a pastry brush.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
How to Serve Breakfast Sandwich
While it’s called Breakfast Sandwich, you can still eat this dish for snacks, lunch, or dinner. It’s perfect for get-togethers on weekends and celebrations for the entire family. Serve breakfast sandwich with any of the following healthy recipes:
There are also plenty of drink options to pair with a breakfast sandwich, such as:
You can eat sandwiches daily, but ensure to balance them with other dishes to supply your body with the proper nutrients. Use different ingredients for the filling for a balanced meal.
- At room temperature: Sandwiches are best eaten within two hours to enjoy their texture and flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a breakfast sandwich contain?
Breakfast sandwiches usually contain bread, lean meat, eggs, vegetables, cheese, and butter. Also, prepare the best filling using your favorite ingredients every time you make it.
What goes with a breakfast sandwich?
There are plenty of breakfast and brunch dishes you can pair with breakfast sandwiches. You can serve them with fruits and vegetables for more nutrients. You can also enjoy it with fresh drinks and juices for a full meal.
Are breakfast sandwiches good for breakfast?
Yes, they are good for breakfast, especially if you don’t have enough time to cook a full-course meal. Moreover, each sandwich recipe can be different to keep things exciting and new.
- 1 tsp butter (or oil) for the pan
- 4 eggs (medium-sized)
- 1 tbsp sweet pepper
- 1 tbsp orange bell pepper
- 1 tbsp green pepper
- 1 tbsp yellow bell pepper
- 1 tbsp red onion
- 3 hotdogs (chicken)
- ½ tsp all-purpose seasoning
- ½ tsp chives
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 6 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices white bread (or wholemeal bread)
- 1 tsp butter (or oil) for the bread
- Prepare the ingredients. Use a knife to dice the onion, bell peppers, and chicken hotdog. Stack the bread slices and carve out the crust with a knife. Set the centerpieces aside. Shred the cheese with a grater.
- Make the filling mixture.Combine eggs, bell peppers, onion, and chicken hotdog in a jug or bowl. Season the contents with mixed herbs, all-purpose seasoning, chives, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- Cook the sandwich.Place the bread crust on a buttered (greased) frying pan over low heat. Pour the filling mixture into the bread crust gap. Allow it to cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add the grated cheese on top. Place the centerpiece of the sliced bread on top of the cheese. Lightly compress it with a turner.
- Butter the bread pieces on top and flip the bread to the other side. Cover and cook further for 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Butter the top side with a pastry brush. Flip it over and brush the top with butter too.
- ServeRemove the sandwich from the heat and serve it on a plate!
- Use other types of bread, such as white bread or wheat bread.
- Substitute the ingredients for other alternatives of your choice.