Are you looking for new ways to make eggs and hotdogs for breakfast or brunch? Well, you might want to add this recipe to the list.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
Bite into the meaty, cheesy, and creamy Egg and Hotdog Tortilla Pan to make your breakfast meals count.
How to Make a Breakfast Tortilla
Eggs and hotdogs may seem like basic breakfast ingredients, but I’ll teach you how to make an extraordinary meal with this recipe!
Hotdogs are among the most popular breakfast foods because of their meaty flavor and juicy texture. It can be paired with bread, rice, and more. There are plenty of sausage variants you can try for this dish!
Eggs are probably some of the must-have ingredients in the kitchen. It’s so versatile that you can use it for dishes, pastries, and desserts. This is already commonly used for breakfast, but in this recipe, we’re going to add a twist!
Tortillas are a great way to add crunchiness and chewiness to your meals. It simply improves the overall quality of the dish by contributing something different and unique.
Everyone likes a cheesy breakfast! You can pair the smokey, meaty flavor with the creamy cheese goodness of this ingredient.
To make the dish more flavorful, use sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and mixed herbs to season the eggs. Since it is added before cooking, the flavors are evenly distributed throughout the dish.
Use butter or oil for cooking the ingredients. Lightly grease the pan with butter for a velvety flavor, or pour in a bit of cooking oil for an evenly cooked meal.
I bet you can already smell, taste, and feel this dish’s magnitude of flavors and textures. It’s chewy, creamy, cheesy, meaty, and juicy! I can’t wait for you to try it, so let’s start cooking!
Delicious and savory breakfast in just 5 minutes? I still can’t believe it either!
- Slice the hotdogs with a knife.
- Fry the hotdogs in a frying pan.
- In a bowl, combine eggs with sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and mixed herbs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and around the hotdogs.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and place the tortilla wrap on top.
- Let it fry for another minute. Then, carefully flip it over.
- Let the tortilla side fry for another minute to crisp it up.
It’s amazing how you can cook something of this quality in just 5 minutes! You can transform the simplest breakfast ingredients into a delicacy that’s usually served in restaurants!
Tips to Make a Breakfast Tortilla
How to Select and Store Hotdogs
Selection. In an article in Ramshackle Pantry, check the first three ingredients on the packaging when you’re buying hotdogs. Indications of pork, turkey, poultry, or beef are good signs of a healthy hotdog.
Storage. Refrigerate the hotdogs in their original packaging to last up to 2 weeks. Once opened, transfer them into resealable bags and use them within three days. You can also freeze them to extend their shelf life to several weeks.
How to Make Tortilla Wrap
While tortillas are readily available in grocery stores, you can also make them at home! You’ll need 400 grams of flour, ¾ cup of water, a pinch of salt, and a few tablespoons of oil.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and salt first.
- Then, add the water and oil. Mash them until they form a dough.
- Knead it by hand or mixer until smooth.
- Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut it into portions on a floured surface. Roll it out and slice.
- Once contended with the sizes and thickness, cook them on a greased skillet over medium fire for a minute.
The great thing about homemade tortillas is you can make them in different shapes and sizes! Consider the size of your pan when making the tortillas.
Breakfast Tortilla Variations
You are free to use any hotdog, frankfurt, or sausage for the meat of the recipe. For the eggs, season them however you like! Add a bit of spice and flavor with chili flakes or mixed herbs.
This recipe is not best for vegan, gluten-free, or lactose-free breakfast meals, but you can always use alternatives to make a version of your own.
For instance, you can combine tofu, kale, spinach, bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, cabbage, and more with eggs. Try other kinds of cheese as well, or instead of cheese, you can incorporate a bit of almond milk while beating the eggs with a whisk.
You can also cook it in different ways:
Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes. Assemble the ingredients in a heat-proof container. Let it fry until the eggs are cooked.
Once the eggs and hotdogs are cooked, you can add the cheese and tortilla to air fry for another minute.
Use an oven-safe dish to arrange the ingredients and let it bake until the eggs are cooked. Top it off with cheese and the tortilla, and bake for a few more minutes.
These methods are perfect if you don’t have much liberty to check it as it cooks over a pan constantly.
- Non-stick frying pan: Use a flat pan to cook the ingredients while maintaining the structure evenly.
- Glass bowl: Prepare and mix the ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Cutting board: Slice the hotdogs on a cutting board.
- Pastry brush: Grease the pan with a clean pastry brush.
- Spatula: Compress and flip the tortilla with a spatula.
- Whisk: Combine the ingredients using a whisk.
- Grater: Use this to shred the cheese.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Serve a Breakfast Tortilla
This dish is best served for breakfast, whether on the go or lounging at home. The eggs will make you feel for a longer period, and the meaty goodness of hotdogs will satisfy you.
Slice it like a pizza for easy access, or roll it out when serving guests. You can enjoy this with fruit juices, tea, smoothies, or coffee.
- At room temperature: Since the dish has perishable ingredients, consume it within 4 hours at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Breakfast Tortilla healthy?
If consumed in moderation, this dish can definitely be good for you. According to the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council, hotdogs also have nutrients to aid muscle growth, metabolism, and mental clarity.
Meanwhile, eggs benefit clear vision, heart health, weight loss, and brain function. The cheese can also contribute calcium content to help reduce blood pressure.
You can always make it healthier by being creative with the ingredients. Incorporate vegetables for a dish that’s best suited to your diet.
Can you still cook this dish without a tortilla?
Yes, you can! If the structure is not a priority, you can cook the hotdogs and eggs with the cheese. Pair it with rice or bread, and you’re good to go!
What if it falls apart when flipped?
The dish can fall apart during the flipping stage if the eggs have not been cooked thoroughly. You can take a peek underneath to check for doneness. If it ultimately breaks, don’t worry, you can still consume it in its scrambled version instead!
- 2 hotdog
- 2 eggs
- Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 tortilla wrap
- ½ pinch sea salt
- ½ pinch garlic powder
- ½ pinch onion powder
- ½ pinch mixed herbs
- Prepare the hotdogs. You can slice hotdogs into pieces and cook them immediately.
- Cook the hotdogs.Butter or oil a flat pan and let it heat over medium fire. Neatly distribute the hotdogs on the pan. Fry them for a minute.
- Season the eggs. In a bowl, combine eggs with sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and mixed herbs. Whisk them together. Once well incorporated, pour them into the pan and around the hotdogs. Continue frying for 2 minutes.
- Top it off with the other ingredients. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and place the tortilla wrap on top. Use a tortilla that’s just the same size as the pan. Compress the ingredients to seal the flavors and the structure. Let it fry for another minute. Then, carefully clip it over. Let the tortilla side fry for another minute to crisp it up.
- Store the hotdogs properly to preserve their quality and flavor.
- Substitute the ingredients with food that is best suited for your diet, such as vegetables.
- You can also cook this in an air fryer or oven.
- Hotdogs are not safe for babies, so stick to mashed hard-boiled eggs.
- You can pre-cook it in a pot of boiling water. Leave the pot uncovered and let it boil for 4 minutes.
- A flat pan is ideal for giving the dish its structure, but you can always use any pan available.