Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and pancakes are one of the classic meals that just never get old. It’s the kind of food that’s perfect for all ages!
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
There are plenty of ways to cook this dish, but this recipe will surely give you the best, fluffiest, and tastiest ones yet.
How to Make Pancakes
Get ready to make pancakes that your children and family love for brunch or snacks!
The main ingredient for making fluffy pancakes is self-rising flour. It can leaven cakes, cupcakes, and other pastry recipes. You can make self-rising flour from scratch if you can’t find it at your local grocery store!
I always have this in stock because I use it for Puff Puff and Vanilla Cake for tasteful weekend meals.
The recipe also suggests the use of baking powder as an additional leavening agent. It also helps with making a smoother texture.
Meanwhile, eggs are necessary ingredients because they help with the structure and form of the cupcake. Egg yolks can also contribute to added flavor.
Milk adds flavor and thickness. Using milk can also make the pancake sponge softer and yummier. Vanilla extract is a simple yet powerful ingredient that gives it a buttery-rich flavor.
Add sugar to make the pancake sweeter, softer, and bouncier. It also helps with the golden brown finish you want after each flip.
Lastly, use oil to keep them moist while they are cooking in the pan. It also prevents the pancakes from sticking to the pan!
These are simple kitchen ingredients, but when combined together, I can guarantee that this will be an all-time favorite breakfast meal in your home!
- Mix the self-rising flour, sugar, and baking powder together. In another bowl, whisk two eggs with the milk and vanilla extract.
- Cook the pancakes in a greased pan over medium heat until fluffy and golden brown.
How to Make Better Pancakes
- Make sure to add milk, eggs, and your leavening agents.
- You can add melted butter to make it fluffier or to contribute a buttery flavor.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixture to make them light yet airy.
- Ensure that the batter is thick enough to support the pancake’s form and texture.
- Check the freshness of your ingredients because this greatly affects the outcome of the pancakes.
- Wipe the pan clean after each batch of pancakes to prevent residue from sticking to the other batches.
By following these effortless tips, you can make restaurant-quality pancakes in no time!
How to Make Self-Rising Flour
To make your homemade self-rising flour, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1½ teaspoons of baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon salt! By adding self-rising flour, the batter will be richer and thicker, and the pancakes will be fluffier.
How to Avoid Dry Pancakes
- Use an adequate amount of flour, baking powder, baking soda, and eggs.
- Do not use too much baking soda or baking powder to prevent the pancakes from becoming dense and flat.
- Make sure that the number your eggs you use is proportionate to the number of pancakes you want to cook.
If you love vegan recipes, use organic sugar, apple cider vinegar, and non-dairy milk as substitutes for ordinary sugar and milk.
Meanwhile, for gluten-free meals and pancakes, use gluten-free egg replacers, gluten-free all-purpose flour, gluten-free baking powder, and dairy-free milk!
On the other hand, baby-friendly fluffy variants can also be cooked using only bananas, eggs, and flour! Alternatively, you can make Chocolate Pancakes, Banana and Oat Pancakes, and more!
In case you don’t have self-rising flour, you can simply substitute it with all-purpose flour. Aside from sugar, you can also use other sweeteners like melted butter, Splenda, or maple syrup.
To replace milk, use water or other kinds of non-dairy milk instead. If you’re out of vanilla extract, you can use maple syrup or almond extract for a distinct flavor.
- Frying pan: This is handy for cooking your fluffy pancakes perfectly!
- Measuring jug: The key to making great pancakes is carefully measuring your ingredients for the best results.
- Glass bowl: Use bowls to mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- Silicone pastry brush: This is used when you lightly brush the pan with oil to prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Silicone spatula: Use this tool to mix your ingredients together.
- Whisk: It is recommended to mix the batter to get rid of any lumps in the batter naturally.
- Measuring spoons and cups: Not only can this be used in measuring, but it can also be utilized to make evenly shaped pancakes!
- Turner: Use this to flip the pancake with ease and control.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
How to Serve Pancakes
The best thing about this recipe is that you can eat them however you like. You can have it with whipped cream, butter, maple syrup, or chocolate syrup on top for a classic American breakfast.
Here are some of the best recipes to serve with pancakes:
- Iced Coffee
- Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- Granola Bars
- Fried Eggs
- Fruit Salad
- French Toast
- Oats Breakfast Smoothie
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Frozen Yogurt
You can spread different fillings, such as peanut butter, cashew butter, or strawberry jam. It can be served with ice cream for people with a sweet tooth.
- At room temperature: As per the recommendation of the United States Department of Agriculture, don’t let them sit at room temperature for longer than two hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make pancakes?
Preparing stellar pancakes starts with making a consistent batter. You also need a preheated pan that’s just the right size for the pancakes. Flip it once you see it browning at the bottom.
How do pancakes become fluffy?
Use the proper leavening agents to give the pancakes a fluffy, light, and airy rise.
How do you fry pancakes?
Cook the pancakes in batches to prevent overcrowding the pan. Fry them in a preheated pan and flip them at the right time.
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.1 Corinthians 10:31
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml milk (⅓ + ¼ cup = 150ml)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- cooking oil
- 1¼ cups self-rising flour
- 3 tbsp sugar (adjust as needed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Make the batter.In one bowl, combine your self-rising flour, sugar, and baking powder together. In another bowl, whisk two eggs with the milk and vanilla extract. Mixing them separately will make it easier to incorporate them together.
- Cook the pancakes.Place a non-stick frying pan over a stove set to medium heat. Lightly brush the pan with oil to prepare it for the batter. Gently put a tablespoon of the batter into the pan and let the batter do its work. Once bubbles start to appear, flip the pancake to the other side. Allow each side of the pancake to cook until golden brown.
- Remember not to overmix your batter for an airy and soft pancake.
- It’s best to mix your dry and wet ingredients separately for the best results.
- Keep the pancakes in the fridge or freezer for storage.