This Grilled Salmon recipe is so easy to follow! Whether you’re cooking for a romantic dinner or a family meal, Grilled Salmon is still one of the best dishes to prepare.
Relish the tender texture of salmon flesh infused with the perfect mix of herbs and spices from the best fish seasoning.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
In just minutes, you can make a dish that will make you feel like you’re eating at a top-notch restaurant!
How to Make Grilled Salmon
Grilled salmon gives you an impression of an expensive and fancy meal, but it’s simpler to prepare and cook than you think.
Here are the basic ingredients you will need to make the best Grilled Salmon.
Salmon is known for its mild flavor and tender texture. It can release a distinct, smoky, savory taste if you smoke or grill it. This fish is commonly found in freshwater or saltwater areas. Salmon is also known for its appetizing pinkish flesh.
If seasoned properly, then this seafood will taste amazing no matter how you cook it. It may be fried, baked, roasted, or air fried, but one thing is for sure, it’s going to give you a delicious and satisfying meal.
Why should you eat salmon? It is good for your heart, bones, skin, brain, vision, and digestion. Overall, salmon is good for your diet and your cravings!
If you haven’t discovered a fish seasoning mix that you like, then you might want to give my special fish seasoning rub a try.
It is made of mixed herbs, cumin, garlic granules, onion granules, smoked paprika, black pepper, chives, sea salt, and mace for the right balance of sweet, salty, spicy, and savory!
I’ve been using this fish seasoning recipe for a while now, and everyone loves my salmon every time I grill or bake it. Customize it to your liking with spices of your choice.
Once you have the fish seasoning, it will be easier to make Grilled Salmon whenever you want. Aside from taking only a few minutes to prepare, you can also cook the salmon in 15 minutes!
Let’s start with the basic way to cook Grilled Salmon.
Marinate the salmon
- Sprinkle the fish seasoning on both sides of the salmon.
- Lightly pat it on the flesh.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Grill the salmon
- Heat an oiled griddle over medium heat.
- Let the salmon cook for 4 minutes on each side with tongs.
- Then, cook it on its skin for 2 minutes on each side for a crispy texture.
- Once content with the doneness, remove it from heat and transfer it onto a plate to serve!
Isn’t this the easiest pan-grilled salmon you have ever cooked? It has the right texture, perfect flavor, and the best quality! Don’t forget to cook it for celebrations to share with everyone.
Here are simple yet effective ways how to prepare the best Grilled Salmon!
- Go for salmon with light pink flesh without blemishes or discoloration.
- It should also feel firm yet moist without the fishy odor.
- Refrigerate the salmon within two hours to prevent spoilage.
- Wrap it in cling film or aluminum foil and refrigerate in the coldest part of your fridge for two days.
- Otherwise, freeze the salmon by putting it in plastic or foil and placing it in a freezer bag to freeze for three months.
Mill the cumin, onion granules, mixed herbs, smoked paprika, garlic granules, chives, mace, onion granules, sea salt, and mace in a food processor or spice grinder until you achieve a powdery texture.
Store the seasoning in an airtight jar at room temperature for up to two years.
Grilled Salmon Variations
Salmon can be seasoned using different herbs, spices, and condiments, from dry rubs to liquid marinades. It all depends on the flavors you want it to have. Moreover, you can cook the salmon in different ways.
- Grease a non-stick pan or skillet.
- Let it heat up over the medium-low fire.
- Cook each side of the salmon for 4 minutes or until brown.
- Arrange the seasoned salmon on a lined baking tray.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 200°C for 12 to 15 minutes or until flaky and crisp.
- Preheat the grill to 230°C.
- Wrap the salmon in aluminum foil and cook over direct heat until the salmon becomes firm.
- Cook the other side of the salmon at 54°C for about 4 minutes.
- Once done, transfer the salmon to a plate.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°.
- Air fry the salmon for 10 minutes or until flaky.
- Check for doneness before removing from heat.
- Griddle pan: Cook the salmon on a griddle or pan.
- Tongs: Turn the salmon over with tongs to cook all sides.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
How to Serve Grilled Salmon
Grilled Salmon can be served with lots of dishes and drinks. For instance, rice options can include Basmati Rice, Fried Rice, or Jollof Rice. Side dishes for this recipe can also include the following delicacies:
Balance the savory flavor of the dish by enjoying it with a glass of Iced Tea, Watermelon Juice, Zobo Drink, Pineapple Juice, and other sweet drinks to give you a refreshing feeling after a hearty meal!
- At room temperature: According to Our Everyday Life, grilled salmon is best eaten within two hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long should you grill salmon?
It depends on how you cook it, but grilling it on a pan over the stove can take about six to eight minutes.
Should you season salmon before grilling?
Yes, you should season the salmon before grilling. Marinate it for at least 30 minutes to infuse the fish with the flavor. The longer you marinate, the tastier the salmon will be!
What should I put on the salmon before grilling?
I suggest putting fish seasoning on the salmon before grilling. You can use your favorite herbs and spices to marinate it.
Is it better to grill salmon in foil or not?
Wrap the salmon in aluminum foil to preserve the moisture inside and to prevent the salmon from becoming dry.
Do you need to flip the salmon in the griller?
No, there is no need to turn it over if you choose to cook it in the griller. However, turn it over if you grill it on a pan over the stove.
For fish seasoning blend
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- pinch of cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder/granules
- 1 tsp onion powder/granules
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp chives
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp mace (optional)
For the grilled salmon
- 1 slice salmon
- ½ tsp fish seasoning
- Marinate. Sprinkle the milled fish seasoning blend on both sides of the salmon. Lightly pat it on the flesh to ensure it adheres to the fish. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill the salmon. Heat an oiled griddle over medium heat. Let the salmon cook for 4 minutes on each side. Cook it on its skin for 2 minutes on each side to add a crispy texture.
- Buy salmon with light pink flesh, a firm texture, and a neutral odor to indicate freshness.
- Refrigerate or freeze the fresh salmon within two hours.
- You can cook it in a pan, oven, air fryer, or griller.