Don’t let your apples go to waste, instead, turn them into these healthy, delicious, and all-natural Sun-Dried Apple Slices!
Your snacking habits play an important role in a balanced diet and active lifestyle. By turning fruits into fun and satisfying snacks, you can change your life for the better while enjoying good food.
Without using a dehydrator or an oven, you can convert apples into crunchy, sweet, and crisp treats. Everyone will surely appreciate how simple yet tasty these snacks are.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
You will certainly be getting your money’s worth when you make the most out of your apples. Maybe all you need are Sun-Dried Apple Slices to turn your life around and take you diet to a new level!
How to Make Sun-Dried Apple Slices
If you’re looking for easy healthy recipes, then this Sun-Dried Apple Slices are good for you. It may take up to two days to make but every hour is truly worth it. You can trust that they will taste so much better when dried and crunchy!
What makes Sun-Dried Apple Slices one of the healthiest snacks ever? They’re made of fresh apples only!
Make your diet ten times better with apples!
Apples are fresh, crisp, juicy, and sweet fruits that you can use for many recipes. Even when raw, they taste incredible amazing with how sweet, juicy, and tarty they are.
I love using gala apples because of how rich they taste and how good they smell. After drying them, they can retain their flavor while giving you a fun texture at every bite.
Stemilt suggests using gala apples, golden delicious, fuji, and pink lady apples to make chips. Moreover, buy the freshest ones for the best flavor, even after dehydrating them!
If you’re looking for more reasons to try this sun-dried apple slices, then check out these top health benefits of apples:
- They are also fiber-rich to aid digestion, metabolism, and even weight loss. You will surely come closer to your fitness goals with apples!
- According to Everyday Health, apples have fiber that can help with better cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- Apples are good for your brain – improving memory, focus, and overall brain function.
- Healthline shared that pectin from apples can also keep your gut clean and healthy.
- Boost your immunity by regularly eating apples. You’re protecting your body from diseases, colds, and flu.
Aside from the health benefits you can get from apples, there are plenty of recipes you can do with them. These are some of my family’s favorite apple recipes that you can make at home:
You can never go wrong with apples in your diet. What are you waiting for? The sooner you dry the apples, the sooner you can experience sweet and crispy Sun-Dried Apple Slices!
Here’s how I usually dry my apples under the sun:
Prepare the apples
Sun dry them!
- Spread a single layer of apple slices on a tray.
- Cover it with a food net cover or mesh to avoid particles, flies, or insects.
- Then, place it under the sun and allow it to dry.
- Turn the apple slices to the other side when you bring them in at night to ensure they dry evenly.
- Take them out the following day and continue drying.
- It takes about one to two days to dry completely.
- Store it in an airtight jar and enjoy!
It’s soft, chewy, sweet, flavorful, and, most importantly, healthy. My family loves these Sun-Dried Apple Slices, and we always have this at home. In fact, it’s almost effortless to make!
- Choose apples that are slightly firm, not soft.
- Also, discard ones with holes or discoloration.
- Apples with full color are likely to be sweet.
- These fruits can last up to a week at room temperature.
- Refrigerate the apples for up to six weeks. Place them in the crisper drawer.
- Alternatively, pre-freeze sliced apples and store them in the freezer for several months.
Sun-Dried Apple Slices Variations
Try to use different kinds of apples to know which one you like best. For instance, you can go for Gala apples, Granny Smith, Honey Crisp, or even Fuji apples. Each of these will surely make delicious Sun-Dried Apple Slices.
You can also season these slices with cinnamon powder, sugar, vanilla extract, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and more! Moreover, there are alternative ways to dry apple slices:
- Set the dehydrator to 60°C.
- Then, arrange the apple slices on the tray.
- Let it dehydrate for up to 12 hours or until done.
- Put the slices on a lined baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 80°C for a few minutes.
- Then, dehydrate them the in the oven for at least three hours.
- Flip the slices every 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C.
- Then, arrange one layer of apple slices to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry them for ten minutes and flip them halfway through.
Now you’ve got four methods to choose from – sun-drying, dehydrating, baking, or air frying!
- V-Blade Slicer or knife: Slice the apples with these tools.
- Tray: Place the slices on a tray.
- Food net cover: Cover the tray with this net to keep insects away.
- Airtight jar: Store the sun-dried apple slices in an airtight jar.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Serve Sun-Dried Apple Slices
- At room temperature: These sun-dried apple slices can last up to several months at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you sun dry apple slices?
Of course! Start by preparing the apples. Rinse, slice, and season them. Then, place them on a tray and cover them. Let them sun dry for several days. Just follow along with this recipe for fool-proof sun-dried apple slices!
Are sun dried apples healthy?
Yes, dried apple slices are healthy! They’re loaded with fiber, vitamins, and minerals to help with immunity, digestion, weight loss, cancer prevention, energy, heart health, and more!
Are dried apple slices good for you?
Of course, they are! Aside from having a fantastic flavor and aroma, dried apple slices have nutrients that can improve your diet and lifestyle. They can be good for your heart, digestion, energy, and overall health.
How long do dried apple slices last?
Sun-Dried Apple Slices (VIDEO)
- 3 gala apples
Prepare the apples
- Rinse the apples. Cut them into thin slices using a knife or V-Blade Slicer. Remove the seeds.
Sun dry them!
- Spread a single layer of apple slices on a tray. Cover it with a food net cover or mesh to avoid particles, flies, or insects.
- Place it under the sun and allow it to dry. Turn the apple slices to the other side when you bring them in at night to ensure they dry evenly.
- Take them out the following day and continue drying. It takes about one to two days to dry completely.
- Store it in an airtight jar.
- Use gala apples, fuji, granny smith, or other sweet variants.
- You can also bake, air fry, or dehydrate the apple slices.
- Season them with spices of your choice.