Do you want to learn how to peel peanuts in an air fryer?
You have come to the right place! The days of manually peeling roasted peanuts are over because, from now on, you’ll be using this Air Fryer hack instead!
It won’t even take you hours to prepare peanuts for snacks or dishes. With the help of the air fryer, you can do it within minutes and without making a mess.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
Add this to your air fryer hacks to share with your family and friends to roast and peel peanuts efficiently. There is no easier way to peel peanuts!
How to Peel Peanuts in the Air Fryer
Is it possible to peel peanuts in the air fryer? Yes! I use this hack every time my family wants peanuts. Since then, I’ve always used my air fryer to peel peanuts!
Aside from the uses of peanuts in cooking, they are also loaded with vitamins and minerals. What health benefits can you get from these peanuts?
Make the most out of peanuts by cooking this Air Fryer Roasted Peanuts recipe!
How to Peel Peanuts
Since I tried this technique, I have been preparing peanuts more often.
- After roasting the peanuts, rub them between your palms.
- Place the air fryer rack inside the air fryer.
- Put a heat-proof plate or microwave-safe dish on top and spread the peanuts on the plate.
- Set the air fryer at the lowest temperature.
- Then, air fry for one minute.
- Allow the fan to blow away the seed coats. Alternatively, put a splatter screen on top of the air fryer.
- Use a blow dryer to separate the seed coats.
- Store the nuts in a jar, or serve in a bowl!
Isn’t this peanut peeling method so effortless and convenient? This is the perfect hack if you love these but don’t have time to peel and prepare them. Life in the kitchen is certainly easier with a trusty Air Fryer!
How to Roast Peanuts
There are several ways to roast or cook peanuts that will help you peel them.
- First, heat the pan over medium flame.
- Then, cook the peanuts over a low fire.
- Stir the contents with a spatula for up to eight minutes or until brown.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Then, spread the peanuts in one layer on a baking tray.
- Bake them for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir the contents twice for even cooking.
You can also do this for shelled ones for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spread the peanuts in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave for two minutes on a high setting
- Then, stir the and microwave for two more minutes.
- Continue doing this until you are content with the doneness.
Aside from these methods, I also suggest trying my Air Fryer Roast Peanuts recipe for a quick and easy way to cook and peel the peanuts!
Alternative Ways on How to Peel Peanuts
In case you don’t have an air fryer, there’s an alternative way to peel peanuts. Once cooled, rub them between your palms until most or all of the seed coats are removed.
Spread the contents on a tray and place them on a clean surface. Then, use a blow dryer or other similar appliances to segregate the skin.
- Air fryer: Roast and peel the roasted peanuts in the air fryer.
- Microwave-safe dish: Cook the ingredients in a microwave-safe dish.
- Splatter screen: Use a splatter screen to keep the skin in the air fryer.
- Jar: Store them in a jar.
- Bowl: Serve these as snacks or side dishes in bowls.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Use and Serve Peanuts
- Peanut Butter
- Green Smoothie
- Granola Bars
- Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake
- Peanut Oil
- Garri Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Bars
According to NDTV, the best time to eat peanuts is during the daytime, especially in the morning. Otherwise, peanuts can also make great snacks to pump your energy throughout the other half of the day!
- At room temperature: Keep the nuts in airtight containers to last up to several months at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you remove the skin from soaked peanuts?
Instead of peeling the peanuts after soaking, you can remove the skin before you soak instead.
You need to roast the peanuts for about five minutes first. Once cooled, rub them between your palms to peel. Partially roasting the peanuts can loosen up the skin for easy peeling.
Should peanuts be peeled?
You can peel the peanuts, but you don’t need to peel them. In fact, the peanut skin can add a salty flavor to the peanuts, too. It is safe to eat them raw, roasted, peeled, or unpeeled.
Why do you have to remove the skin from peanuts?
There is a need to peel peanuts if the recipe needs skinless peanuts. The skin can have a sticky quality when used in cooking. If you want to eat them for snacking, then you can enjoy them with the skin.
How do factories peel peanuts?
Factories use machines with automatic rollers. The friction from the rollers can crack the hard shell so that the fan will easily blow the peanut skin away.
Air Fryer-Peeled Peanuts
- 2 cups peanuts
- Peel the peanuts.After roasting the peanuts, rub them between your palms.
- Air fry to fan. Place the air fryer rack inside the air fryer. Put a heat-proof plate or microwave-safe dish on top and spread the peanuts on the plate.Set the air fryer at the lowest temperature and air fry for 1 minute. Allow the fan to blow away the seed coats. Alternatively, put a splatter screen on top of the air fryer and use a blow dryer to separate the seed coats.
- Aside from roasting the peanuts in an air fryer, you can also roast them on a stove, microwave, oven, or air fryer.
- As an alternative to the air fryer blower hack, you can place the roasted peanuts in a large pot or bowl and blow the skin away with a blow dryer.