Coconut water straight from the fruit is one of the healthiest drinks you will ever prepare. It is also used to flavor drinks, smoothies, dishes, salads, pastries, sauces, and more. In fact, you can drink it straight from the fruit!
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
You will love the mildly sweet, nutty, and sour flavor it is!
How to Extract Coconut Water
Don’t let the tough husk stop you from enjoying the yummy coconut water. Getting this liquid has never been this easy!
Health Benefits of Coconut Water
Get your daily dose of energy from a glass of this coconut water! It has electrolytes that make it great for workout sessions and busy days. In fact, it might be better than energy drinks!
Protects your heart
Restore your heart to its best condition by drinking this water. It promotes heart health for blood circulation, proper breathing, and overall health.
Regulates blood sugar
If you want to lower or maintain blood sugar levels, then you should consider this drink. It naturally improves your blood sugar over time, as long as drunk in good amounts. Balance it with water to prevent negative side effects.
Coconuts are some of the most hydrating fruits. It’s loaded with healthy liquid inside. However, it is not a substitute for water. You can drink it with water to feel more refreshed!
The coconut is made of its meat, husk, and water – all used for multiple purposes. Its meat can be grated or shredded to make desiccated coconut for cakes and puff pastry. Meanwhile, it can be used on its own or with savory dishes.
When used for dishes, this fruit can have amazing benefits for your bones, kidneys, and heart. Regular consumption can help with immunity, improve blood sugar levels, and relieve muscles.
It can also be turned into coconut milk for a creamy texture. You will also love its coconut oil form because it can nourish your skin, face, and hair naturally!
Learn this nifty hack, and you won’t ever need to buy processed coconut water.
- Place a kitchen towel on a flat surface and put the coconut on top.
- Locate the soft eye and poke it with a screwdriver.
- Pierce another eye to make it easier for the water to come out.
- Roll the screwdriver until the hole is big enough for the water to pour.
- Pour out the liquid into a bowl and enjoy its freshness!
This method is so effective that extracting the water is almost effortless. It doesn’t use much equipment, nor does it require a lot of elbow grease. Most importantly, you get to experience the natural goodness of coconut water!
- Purchase coconuts with a sloshing sound when you shake them.
- Locate the soft eye and ensure it does not have molds or foul odor.
- Coconuts can last for a long time at room temperature.
- Refrigerate opened coconuts and use them within five days.
- Use opened ones within two days for freshness.
Alternative Ways to Extract Coconut Water
Aside from using a screwdriver and a hammer to pierce the coconut, you can also use a knife to cut through the husk. Moreover, you may use a driller to make a hole in the fruit.
If you don’t have any tools, then you can bump the coconut on a hard surface until it has a visible crack. Then, open the fruit over a large bowl to catch all of the coconut water.
- Screwdriver: Puncture the coconut using a screwdriver to get through the husk.
- Hammer: Push the screwdriver through the husk using a hammer.
- Kitchen towel: Mount the fruit on a piece of cloth to protect your kitchen counter and to get a better grip.
- Glass bowl: Pour the water into a bowl or a glass.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Visit my shop for more products.
How to Use Coconut Water
You can enjoy the natural goodness of coconut water by drinking it straight from the glass. It may be served as a cold drink with ice or freeze them to blend for a coconut smoothie.
You can combine it with ginger, lemon, sweeteners, or other fruits for better flavor. It can be served in the morning on an empty stomach to nourish your body with electrolytes.
It can also make an excellent post-workout drink to relieve muscle pain and restore energy. According to WebMD, you can consume one to two cups of coconut water every day.
Note that it is not a substitute for water but it can make a great addition to your diet.
- At room temperature: Coconut water can last for several hours at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of drinking coconut water?
Regularly consuming coconut water can aid in hydration, weight loss, and immunity. It is rich in potassium, antioxidants, and electrolytes, so you can ensure that this beverage is good for you. This is also low in calories – perfect for curbing sweet cravings.
What happens if you drink coconut water every day?
Drinking coconut water daily can help with your bones, brain, immunity, skin, energy, and more! It’s also hydrating that you can drink it with water. You can also drink it for weight loss and workout sessions.
Is coconut water better than water?
While coconut water is healthy, there can be no substitute for water. Instead, use it to add to the hydrating effects of the water.
This post may contain general information and does not constitute professional medical advice. Always seek information or advice from a qualified medical professional. Please read the full disclaimer for details.
How to Extract Coconut Water (VIDEO)
- 1 coconut (matured)
Prepare the coconut.
- Place a napkin or cloth on a flat surface and put the coconut on top.
- Locate the soft eye and poke it with a screscrewdriverw driver.
- Puncture another eye to make it easier for the water to come out.
- Roll the screwdriver continuously until the hole is big enough for the water to pour out.
Extract the coconut water.
- Pour out the coconut water into a bowl or cup.
- Enjoy the refreshing coconut water!
- You can also use a driller or a knife to cut through the coconut.
- If you don’t have any tools, bump the coconut against a hard surface until you see a visible crack.
- Open the coconut over a large bowl to catch all of the coconut water.