Organic Carrot Oil is a potent one-ingredient condiment you can use inside and outside the kitchen. It can be used for dishes with chicken, soups, stews, vegetables, and more!
Did you know that carrot oil can also moisturize radiant skin, hair growth, and glossy and healthy nails?
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later
The oil can be used for stir-frying dishes you want to roast or grill!
Benefits of Using Carrot Oil
Here are the top reasons why you should make carrot oil today.
It’s great for cooking!
If you want to use healthy and flavorful oil, then this Carrot Oil is a must-try. It’s perfect for baking, stir-frying, sauteing, and more! Not only is it loaded with vitamins and minerals, but it is also packed with flavor and aroma.
It moisturizes your hair and skin.
Aside from its cooking purpose, this oil can give you a good hair day by making your hair smooth and shiny. It can also keep your skin glowing and radiant!
It has antifungal properties.
Protect your skin from harmful bacteria and fungi by regularly adding carrot oil to your meals. Carrot oil is known to have powder antifungal properties to prevent fungal growth.
It is rejuvenating and refreshing.
Whether you use it on food or your body, you’ll experience this oil’s powerful quality. With this oil, you can ensure that it helps restore damaged skin for a healthier you!
It reduces inflammation.
In case you are experiencing swelling or inflammation, you can use carrot oil to soothe the pain and discomfort. Its vitamins can also prevent the occurrence of further complications or side effects.
It is a soothing oil.
Get the massage you deserve, and do not forget to use carrot oil. It can relieve any muscle pain and relax your senses to revitalize your body and mind.
Discover other wonders that carrot oil can do by making it at home and being creative with its use! There is no harm in trying; it can even give you unexpected yet tremendous results!
How to Make Carrot Oil
Don’t miss out on the easiest carrot oil recipe ever! It’s organic, easy, and quick to make!
Whether you bought it in the supermarket or made it at home, carrot powder is a versatile ingredient. It is also used for drinks, pastries, main dishes, sauces, and dips. This condiment also has a long shelf life to help with storing food.
It adds great flavor to any dish you plan on cooking. Although it is already powder, its nutritional benefits are still there. Carrot powder helps with metabolism, immunity, eyesight, heart, muscles, liver, and skin!
Coconut oil is a healthy, aromatic, and delicious oil that can improve any meal. It is used for sauteing, stir-frying, baking, and more. Moreover, you can use it for your skin and hair care when not used in the kitchen.
According to the Harvard School of Public Health, coconut oil has no cholesterol, so you can ensure that you cook healthy recipes.
With these two simple ingredients, you can infuse the oil with carrots’ healthy and flavorful goodness! You will never regret this homemade Carrot Oil recipe.
This is how easy it is to make carrot oil at home!
- Rinse the carrots.
- Use a spiralizer, grater, or knife to prepare them.
- Then, spread them on a tray.
- Dehydrate it in a dehydrator for 10 to 14 hours.
- Once cooled at room temperature, blend it in a food processor or spice grinder to powderize.
- Filter the contents with a fine-mesh sieve for a finer texture.
- In a glass jar, pour the oil and sprinkle the carrot powder.
- Mix them and store!
Who knew that carrot oil was this easy to make? It can last a long time so you can use it for cooking, skincare, hair growth, and other purposes!
- Go for firm carrots with bright orange color.
- The carrot tops must be crisp and green.
- Discard carrots with soft spots, discoloration, and holes.
- Chop off the carrot tops but do not throw them away.
- Use the chopped carrot tops as a garnish for other recipes.
- Unwashed carrots are best stored in mesh bags and refrigerated.
How to Make Coconut Oil
Like carrot oil, coconut oil also serves purposes for cooking and skin care. It is used for stir-frying and sauteing for an added nutty flavor to the dishes.
According to Medical News Today, coconut oil also benefits skin care, cholesterol, hair care, and dental health.
- Crack the coconut open and break it into pieces.
- Set the coconut water aside.
- Remove the white coconut meat using a knife or a grater.
- Then, use a blender to blend the coconut water and meat to make coconut milk.
- Pour the milk into a pan and cook it over low heat.
- Allow the water to evaporate for up to two hours.
- Discard the formed solids and strain the oil into an airtight container.
- Press any pulp against the fine-mesh sieve to combine it with the oil.
An article by Epicurious suggests that coconut oil can be stored for up to two years as long as it is stored properly. It is not necessary to refrigerate it because low temperatures can cause it to be slightly solidified.
Carrot Oil Variations
Instead of coconut oil, you can use other oil varieties that are available to you. I suggest using olive or sunflower oil as well.
Moreover, if you don’t have time to dehydrate and powderize the carrots, then you can directly infuse the oil with freshly grated or chopped vegetables.
Watch the full video tutorial here:
Aside from storing it in an airtight jar, you can also pour it into a spray bottle.
- Knife or peeler: Peel and slice the ingredients with these tools.
- Grater or spiralizer: Convert the carrots into long strips to dehydrate.
- Tray: Spread the carrot strips on a tray to dehydrate under the sun or in a dehydrator.
- Dehydrator: Dry the carrots using a dehydrator.
- Blender or food processor: Powderize the dried carrots using a blender or food processor.
- Airtight jar: Store the carrot oil in an airtight jar.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
- At room temperature: Carrot oil can be stored at room temperature to last up to two years.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does carrot oil do for the face?
Carrot oil helps give you clear and glowing skin. It has natural properties that repair damaged skin to fade dark spots and brighten the complexion.
Can you use olive oil instead of coconut oil?
Of course! In fact, you can use any kind of oil available to you. However, I highly recommend using vegetable oil, sesame oil, and sunflower oil.
What is carrot oil good for?
Carrot oil is beneficial for your health, skin, and hair! It supplies your body with vitamins and nutrients while keeping your skin plump and clear and your hair smooth and soft.
This oil can also make your dishes tastier and more fragrant because of the natural qualities of carrots.
Homemade Carrot Oil
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ tbsp organic carrot powder
- Prep the carrot. First, rinse the carrots. Use a spiralizer, grater, or knife to prepare them. Then, spread them on a tray. It can take 10 to 14 hours to dehydrate if you use a dehydrator. On the other hand, you can also sun dry it for at least two days with a net-like material to protect it from insects and flies.
- Make carrot powder. Once cooled at room temperature, blend it in a food processor or blender until fine and powdery. You can also sieve it with a fine-mesh sieve for a finer texture. Alternatively, use a food mill, garlic chopper, mortar, and pestle.
- Combine the oil and the powder. In a glass jar, pour the oil and sprinkle the carrot powder. Mix them and store them!
- The carrot strips can be dehydrated using a dehydrator or simply under the sun.
- Aside from coconut oil, you can also use olive, vegetable, or sunflower oil.
- You can also sun dry the carrots for at least two days with a net-like material to protect it from insects.
- Alternatively, use a food mill, garlic chopper, mortar, and pestle to powderize.