Thanksgiving Mashed Potatoes
Cook your favorite Thanksgiving Mashed Potatoes on a relaxing day with this recipe!
- 2 lb Maris Piper potatoes (5 medium-sized) see note 1
- water (for boiling)
- 2 garlic cloves or ½ tsp garlic powder (optional) see note 2
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup fresh milk (see note 3)
- 3 tbsp butter (salted)
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk - SECRET INGREDIENT (optional) see notes 3 and 4
- black pepper (optional)
Prepare the potatoes. Peel and cut the potatoes into wedges. Rinse and drain. Cook the potatoes.Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Then, add the potato wedges and garlic cloves. Cook the potatoes until soft and tender. Drain the potatoes. Cook the mashed potatoes.Put the cooked potatoes in a pot on low heat. Season with sea salt and garlic powder if you're not using fresh garlic cloves. Pour in the fresh milk and evaporated milk. Add the butter and mash everything together until they are fluffy, smooth, and creamy. Garnish with black pepper.
- Use Maris Piper, Russet, or Yukon Gold to make the best-quality mashed potatoes.
- Garlic powder can be added to the cooked potatoes before mashing.
- Adding evaporated milk gives the mashed potatoes a unique creamy taste.
- For a vegan version, use soy, oat, or coconut milk.
- You can bake the potatoes instead of boiling them.
Serving: 1 (of 5) | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 279mg | Potassium: 950mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 112IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 2mg