Easy Banana Bread (with Chocolate Chips)
Cook homemade bread like you’ve never baked before by trying out this Chocolate Banana Bread recipe for all occasions!
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 bananas (ripe)
- 6½ tbsp salted butter
- 5 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk (evaporated or fresh milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk chocolate
- 1 milk chocolate (for garnish) optional
Combine the dry ingredients. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Set this mixture aside. Prepare the wet ingredients.Whisk the softened butter and cane sugar in a glass bowl for 5 minutes until you achieve a light, fluffy, and creamy consistency. This step helps with the light and moisture of the cake. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Set it aside. Add the bananas. Peel and mash the bananas with a fork or a masher. Add it to the wet ingredients batter. Mix until well combined. Make the batter. Sieve the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Fold them together until well combined. Last but not least, toss in the chocolate chips to evenly distribute them in the batter. Bake it. Line the loaf pan, 20cmx10.5cmx7cm (8”x4.5”x3”), with parchment paper or baking paper and pour in the batter. Garnish it with more chocolate chips on top. In a preheated oven, bake the bread at 160°C for 1 hour or until completely baked. Allow it to cool before serving!
- Remember to use ripe bananas for a mildly sweet taste.
- If you don’t have access to an oven, cook it on the stove in a pan or in the air fryer.
- There are gluten-free and vegan variations of this recipe for dietary concerns.
- Mixing the butter and sugar helps with the light and moisture of the bread.
- Always use ripe yellow bananas for banana bread. You can also use bananas in black or brown color for sweetness. The darker the banana is, the tastier it will be.
- You can use a muffin tin, cupcake molds, or cake tin, and other similar materials as an alternative to a loaf pan.
Serving: 1 (of 10) | Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 171mg | Potassium: 145mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 295IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg