Sugar-Free Sorrel Drink (VIDEO)
Tremendous flavor, freshness, and nutrition? This healthy Sorrel Drink is the ultimate answer!
Servings: 5 people
- 1 cup hibiscus (zobo leaves/sorrel flower)
- 1 pineapple (ripe)
- 1 fresh orange (orange juice)
- 100 g fresh ginger (chopped)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or any sweetener of choice)
- 4 cups water
Prepare the hibiscus flowers.
Rinse the sorrel flowers with cold water to get rid of any dirt.
Put the hibiscus flowers in a pot.
Boil the flower with water and chopped ginger over medium heat for 15 minutes.
Incorporate fresh fruits.
Add fresh pineapple chunks and orange juice for sweetness. You can also incorporate the orange peel for extra zest.
Stir the contents and boil for another 10 minutes.
Remove it from heat and let it sit for at least 2 hours.
Press the fresh fruit with a masher to release more juices and flavor.
Strain the juice with a fine-mesh sieve.
Add maple syrup or any sweetener of your choice.
Pour the drink into a glass bottle to refrigerate.
- Use your favorite citrus fruits and seasoning to make a recipe.
- For a finer texture, juice the orange, ginger, and pineapple.
- Caution must be taken when servings this to children and pregnant women.
Serving: 1 (of 5) | Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0.2g | Saturated Fat: 0.04g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.04g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.04g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 199IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 0.2mg