Beetroot Chin Chin
Snacking has never been healthier with this delicious, crunchy, and nutritious Beetroot Chin Chin recipe.
- 4 cups plain flour
- 8 tbsp beetroot (blended)
- 6½ tbsp sugar (brown/white)
- 7½ tbsp powdered milk
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 6½ tbsp butter (salted)
- 1 egg
- sunflower oil (enough to deep-fry)
Peel and grate the beetroot.
Use a blender to blend the beetroot until smooth.
Combine the plain flour, milk powder, sea salt, sugar, and nutmeg in a bowl.
Add butter, egg, and pureed beetroot.
Massage the ingredients together until they form a dough.
Roll out the dough to about 0.55 mm using a rolling pin.
Slice it into quarters using a dough cutter or knife.
Fry the chin chin dough for 6 to 8 minutes and in batches.
Remove them from heat using a skimmer.
- Remember to purchase and store the beetroot properly for the best results.
- Measure the ingredients accurately and check the dough for doneness.
- For babies, it is best to stick with fresh baby food puree like beetroot puree.
Serving: 1 (of 15) | Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.001g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2mg