Easy Healthy Tortilla Wrap (Plus Video)
Looking for a healthy, fun, delicious breakfast or lunch, or snack meal? With a few easy steps, you'll be tucking into a tasty and nutritious wrap that'll have your co-workers asking you for the recipe.
- 1 Tortilla wrap
- 2 leaf Romaine lettuce
- 3 tbsp Minced beef (cooked) optional
- ½ Avocado
- 2 tbsp Sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp Red onion (diced)
- 3 slices Cucumber
- 3 slices Tomato
- 4 slices Jalapeño (green and red)
- ⅛ tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
Slice the red onion, tomato, cucumber, jalapeño, and red onion to your preferred sizes using a knife.
Rinse the romaine lettuce.
Cook the minced beef with the seasoning of your choosing.
Then, place the tortilla flat on a plate.
On one side, put the romaine lettuce.
Top it with the cooked minced beef, avocado, sweetcorn, red onion, cucumber, tomato, jalapeno, smoked paprika, and mayonnaise.
Fold it and secure it with a toothpick, and it is ready to eat!
- Use fresh ingredients to accentuate the entire tortilla wrap's flavors, texture, and quality.
- Customize the ingredients according to your diet and liking.
- Store it in the fridge or freezer to prolong shelf life.
- Spoiled tortilla wrap can manifest in the tortilla itself. It can have molds, green spots, or discoloration. The filling will also emit a foul or sour odor, meaning that the fresh ingredients are beginning to rot already.
- Some tortilla wraps burst or overflow because of too many ingredients inside. To avoid this dilemma, use moderate amounts of ingredients, depending on the size of the tortilla.
- As alternatives for tortillas, use leafy greens such as lettuce, kale, and cabbage. Nori sheets are also excellent options, especially if you want to replace minced beef with seafood.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 625kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 367mg | Potassium: 1984mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 9805IU | Vitamin C: 453mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 4mg