How to Prep Okra/Okro (VIDEO)
If you want to enjoy your favorite okra dishes, then you need to try these ways how you can prepare okra.
- 20 okra (about 20, medium-sized)
- 1 cup water for METHOD 2 (USING A BLENDER)
Method 1: Using a Knife
Use a knife to cut off the pointy end of the okra.
Slice through the okra twice to expose the seeds.
Chop it into small pieces.
Throw away the hard stalk.
Method 2: Using a Blender
Slice the okra into four to five slices with a knife.
Pour water into the blender.
Blend the okra until you get your preferred consistency.
- You don’t need to rinse the okra before storing it.
- Use a preparation method that works best for your chosen recipe.
- Soak the okra in a vinegar bath for 30 minutes to reduce sliminess.