Fried Ripe Plantains (VIDEO)
Put your ripe plantains to good use by frying them into golden brown and sweet fried plantains!
- 6 plantains (large, ripe and firm)
- Sunflower oil (enough to deep-fry)
- Salt to taste (optional)
Prepare the plantains. Slice off the ends and make a shallow vertical cut in the middle of the plantain to easily peel off the skin. Cut it into your preferred shape - diagonal, circle, or cube. You can season it with salt if desired. Fry. Preheat oil in a pan over medium heat. It should sizzle once you add the plantain slices. Leave them to fry until golden brown. Turn them over to cook on both sides. Once cooked, transfer them onto a lined plate.
- Use ripe plantains alone or season them with spices of your choice.
- Aside from deep-frying, you can bake or air fry them. Try Air Fryer Roasted Plantains.
- Freeze them to extend their shelf life to several weeks or months. Read more on How to Preserve Plantains for Longer.
Serving: 1 (of 4) | Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 1308mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 3034IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg