Moist Almond Loaf Cake (VIDEO)
Do you crave a delicious and healthy treat? You can look no further than this freshly-baked almond loaf cake. This easy-to-make snack is nutritious; its nutty flavor and tantalizing aroma make mouths water.
Servings: 10 slices
- 4 eggs (medium-sized)
- 80 g ground almond
- 125 g cane sugar
- 150 g plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- A pinch sea salt
- 150 g butter (salted)
- 1 tbsp almond flake (for garnish)
Make the cake batter.
Start by mixing the eggs and cane sugar in a bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip them for about 10 minutes or until you achieve a smooth consistency.
Sieve the plain flour, baking powder, and salt into the wet mixture. Do this gradually in 2 batches.
Add the ground almonds and fold until well combined.
Melt the butter in a small bowl and add some batter. Mix them completely and add them to the batter. Use a spatula to fold all of the dry ingredients together.
Prepare the batter for baking.
Preheat the oven to 150°C for 10 minutes.
Line a loaf or baking pan with parchment paper.
Transfer the batter to the pan. Sprinkle flaked almonds or other toppings of your choice.
Bake the cake.
Place the baking pan in the oven and bake at 150°C for 45 minutes or until well baked.
Before taking the cake out of the tray, insert a cake tester or skewer in the center; if it comes out clean, the cake is ready!
- In case you don’t have an oven, bake the cake in a steamer, pressure cooker, microwave, or over a stovetop.
- Make your own ground almonds for a healthier cake.
- Before baking, ensure that you have preheated the oven.
- Pay attention to how thick or thin the batter is. You can add in more flour if it is too runny but do this gradually to prevent dryness.
- If you notice this during the baking process, you can extend baking to 10 to 15 minutes more.
Serving: 1 (of 10) | Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg